Trash day at lindenwood dg course

Topics for tracking our St. Louis area course maintenance projects as well as individual course hours.

Trash day at lindenwood dg course

Postby Green_hornet915 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:07 am

I would like to get club member together for a trash pick up day at lindenwood dg course i played a round out there yesterday and it looks more like a land fill than a dg course. If we could pull together as a club and get the course clean. I would go out there myself but there is to much for just a couple people.
Green_hornet915
Bogey Poster

Re: Trash day at lindenwood dg course

Postby STARFIRE on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Having trash cans is a crucial part of keeping the course clean. Perhaps you should contact Lindenwood and suggest that.

That course isn't really controlled by any club. It's very unlikely that a clean-up day would be organized under RCF's rule.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 am

You post the day and time and see if you can get some people out to there to help you clean it up.
Maybe even some students would like to help clean up there campus?
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby Strange on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Isn't that course closed to non-students? That's what I'd heard. If so, they can pick up their own trash
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Strange wrote:Isn't that course closed to non-students? That's what I'd heard. If so, they can pick up their own trash

officially, yes.

unofficially, no. (don't be a DB and whip out your wang on 10's teepad and you'll be fine)

bonus points: i was out there with a pocket full of trash bags cleaning up garbage (found a live shotgun shell behind 3's pin!) a few months ago, am sad to hear my efforts were in vain.

P.S. if anyone lost a disc in the lake, get in touch with me. i've played a couple rounds at birch with lindenwood students who've found 30+ discs in the lake, not sure if they're the type to return them... (and i have one of the guy's phone numbers)
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to Maintenance of our St. Louis Area Courses