Endicott Course Improvements

Topics for tracking our St. Louis area course maintenance projects as well as individual course hours.

Re: Endicott Course Improvements

Postby irwinje on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:30 pm

I would assume that they wouldn't have to be painted very often. Hell you only need to re-stain your Cedar fence at home every 3 years or so. Maybe a coat of stain/sealer before painting it black. That would protect the wood from mother nature and the degenerates with sharpies.
just a thought
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Dagna88 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 am

I must say, everything that has been done here is amazing! hands down 10x better! however, 1 idea, would there be a possibility of somehow painting/marking the baskets? now that the foliage is growing in, several of them are becoming difficult to see at a distance. Something maybe like Creve Cour with the painted yellow tops? Otherwise, looking amazing. I've only just registered, but i'll start tracking this more and next time you're needing help i'll try and lend a hand :)
Dagna88
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Some suggested projects for Endicott for 2012:
Replace the decking on bridges at Holes 4, 6 and 17.
Raise the bridge at Hole 4.
Replace the trampled fence, 1 yard (60 feet), at Hole 6.
Install bridge on Hole 7 on right side of pin B and 30' to the right.
Build permanent steps to Hole 7 C.
Lay 1-2 feet wide, 4" clean along right side of Hole 8's fairway from Tee Pad to end of woods.
Lay 1-2 feet wide, 4" clean along snake gully of Hole 12's fairway.
Beef up walking pavers from Hole 12 path to Hole 13.
Build permanent steps to Hole 13.
Build small retaining walls in front of tee pads where erosion has created a drop off.
Build small retaining walls around or in back of tee pads where runoff has created mud slides.
Walls should be a minimum distance of 5 feet from edge of tee pad. The surface can be leveled with minus or flat rock or mulch.
Any other suggestions to put on our radar?
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby jhenson on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Bench on Hole 12
jhenson
Bogey Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Trash cans on at least every other hole.
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Correction on last post.. I played endi today seemed like there are enough trash cans they just need to be moved so that they can be put to better use
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby gflap on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:22 pm

JBA, we needed you today at cc for the ice bowl. see you next week at jb!
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat May 19, 2012 5:49 pm

There is a work day tomorrow at Endicott 9a. We are replacing the tire steps leading to hole 13's tee pad. We are also addressing the erosion and runoff issue by building a retaining wall. The retaining wall at hole 9's tee pad will have steps too.
Please stop by for an hour or two to help us complete these projects. Bring a wheelbarrow, shovel, rake, gloves, etc if you can.

The club has been working on Endicott over the past few weeks spraying and cutting the Poison Ivy; removing the dead honeysuckle; trimming the bushes and dead limbs around the tee pads and benches; trimming eye level branches from the greens and pathways; picking up trash; clearing the drains; and spreading mulch.
We are working with Mike Montgomery, who mows the park, to define the fairways. He misses quite a bit because he doesn't play but we will continue to work on it. It should be right within a week or two. The County put trash cans on the majority of the tee pads. We have pointed out a number of dead trees for removal. Be aware of the potential hazzard of falling branches from these trees and play quickly (especially during windy conditions).

The course is getting a more groomed appearance thanks in part to Course Captain, Tim Finan, plus Dave Garver, Tim Wiegard, Brad Allen, Josh Cole, Phillip Green, Curtis Simmons, Mike Reynolds, Daniel Doss, Scott Schulte, Joe Jaegers, Steve Kleiber, Robert Sotta, Derek Coleman, Jeff Irwin and yours truly.

If you consider Endicott your home course please make the effort to give us a hand for an hour or two.

Thanks in advance,

Chris K
314-583-3340
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed May 23, 2012 7:55 am

Go to the Endicott course page for updates.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I just saw the steps and wall on 13 tonight. Great work, they look awesome!
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Maintenance of our St. Louis Area Courses