Woodland Park: Collinsville, Ill.

Collinsville, IL

Re: Woodland Park: Collinsville, Ill.

Postby dehaas on Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Yesterday we got crushed limestone in on several of the red and white pads, and Jeff sounded like he'd be out there again this afternoon around 3 or so with another load. I'm not sure if the second load will be enough to finish the rest of the tees up or not, but soon enough there won't be anymore natural tees.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby kaht on Tue May 26, 2009 12:05 pm

That's good news! The last time I was there a few tees really needed some work, like #2 red and #8 red. I'll have to go check it out soon.
kaht
Par Poster

Tees

Postby JLIGON on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 pm

All Three tee placements have been done in concrete or crushed lime now, so no more mud on your drives. Some tees still need grooming around the tee but that will be taken care of shortly.

Everyone Enjoy!
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby clanger on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Cudos to Jeff and his Ligeon of help.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:21 am

I got off work early on Friday and decided to swing by Collinsville on the way home for a quick 18. I got there as they were putting in the last of the limestone. I have to say, the course seems to get nicer every time I play it. :D
kaht
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:54 pm

kaht wrote:I got off work early on Friday and decided to swing by Collinsville on the way home for a quick 18. I got there as they were putting in the last of the limestone. I have to say, the course seems to get nicer every time I play it. :D

kudos to everyone involved in improving the pads, that is an awesome upgrade. (especially since last time i was there was after a rain and it was unpleasant to play).

upgraded pads are awesome, but walking up to your drive on 3/4/5/7/8/9/10 and seeing the litter is still a major blemish for the course/park.

i dont have the pull to organize a cleaning party like i suggested earlier, but i'd love to see it happen, and participate.

litter and muddy pads beside, that course rocks (top 5 in the St. L area IMHO), and i'd like to see it get better.

/to whom it may concern, what are the chances of getting 7's pin put (back?) up into that gnarly spot up the hill? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm

To the folks at Collinsville:

Are you going to be having a tournament during the month of August, specifically Aug 15th? The JC Sharpshooters would like to have a night flight that night, and some one had mentioned that Collinsville may be having a tourny around August. I don't want to be planning an event if someone else is planning one on the same day. Any info would be appreciated.

J
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby hohman on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Extreme 2009 at Woodland Park on Sunday August 16th.
Player meeting at 9:45am Tee off at 10:00am.
2 rounds and Lunch.
CTPS
Entry fee $20.00
Sign in is at the Rotary Pavillion by hole #2.

Come join us at Woodland for the crazy holes and pin placements, plus the food and the laughs.

Jeff Ligon
978-8316
Jason Hohman
PDGA #27508
hohman
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:39 pm

jmckee1147 wrote:To the folks at Collinsville:

Are you going to be having a tournament during the month of August, specifically Aug 15th? The JC Sharpshooters would like to have a night flight that night, and some one had mentioned that Collinsville may be having a tourny around August. I don't want to be planning an event if someone else is planning one on the same day. Any info would be appreciated.

J

This event is at Jokerst Park in Festus Saturday night, August 15th. Didn't mean to make it look like we were having at Collinsville.
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 am

i was out playing yesterday and noticed a kid throwing a disc of mine i lost in the water on hole 10 blue. it was marked on the back, and knew with 100% certainty it was mine. i told the kid it was one of mine that i'd lost and that i'd trade him something out of my trunk to get it back. at first i think the kid was freaked out that i called him out, but his buddies urged him to give it back and take the trade. the guy said somebody named "steve" had sold it to him. it looks as if we've got somebody fishing discs out of the water and trying to sell them. i know a few people that have lost discs at collinsville or alton, and have had the discs found at the other course and returned. keep your eyes peeled, because it looks like we've got some unethical golfers out and about.
dehaas
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Woodland Park