Charity Ace Race for Jade

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Charity Ace Race for Jade

Postby antihyzers on Wed May 25, 2016 4:46 am

Hello Disc golfers I will in the near future hope to put together a charity event for my granddaughter Jade . I hope to get local sponsors for each hole to make it more inviting to play. The holes will be reachable from the drive with maybe a few harder shots,cant make it to easy. Also additional donations can be accepted. I will make sure this event does not happen when another local tournament is going on. I dont want to take anything away from the club or local events. so look back for a time and place and I hope to see as many of you there to help support a great cause. I will post later her situation to help you better understand why I am doing this. Disc golfers are truley great people I know I've seen it many times. Thanks info coming soon.
Last edited by antihyzers on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Re: Charity Ace Race for Jade

Postby TC1073 on Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 am

That sounds like a good time for a very cause.
TC1073

Postby antihyzers on Fri May 27, 2016 11:40 pm

This is a little backround on Jade , here is her story... She was born Feb 25th 2016 she was also born 2 months premature . The doctors diagnosed her with Pulmonary Artresia with Ventricular Septum Defect listed under Tetrology of Fallot. Only one in every 10,000 babies are born with this type of heart condition. This basically means her blood doesnt carry enough oxygen to her heart. She has already had 2 heart procedures to try and correct this problem so far both were successful, But she needs more.She is getting bigger and stronger everyday ,she still has her bad days but keeps fighting and beating the odds. I got to hold her for the first time in 3 months and let me tell you what a wonderful feeling that was. So I ask with an open heart please join us soon for this Charity Ace Race for Jade coming soon. I am still working out the full details of how it will and when it will happen . thanks for reading her story .... Rich Nunn
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby antihyzers on Tue May 31, 2016 4:32 pm

I am looking for sponsors to help out for this charity event $20-$50 a hole . You will get your name put on a flyer showing your support for a great cause. I will put up $100 to help get things going . thanks again for your support ..
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby antihyzers on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:39 pm

It looks like July 30th will be the date for this event . I am still looking for sponsors if you're interested call (314) 526-9074 ask for Rich Nunn or you can leave you info with my wife Valarie Nunn and I can call you back.I am currently working on a flyer for this charity event and will post it very soon with all the information . I look foward to seeing as many of the River City Flyers Disc Golfers out there. 100% of the money raised will go towards Jades medical expenses.Thanks again for your time and support.
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby antihyzers on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:46 am

I will have a Flyer out for this Charity event later this week with the final set up of what is to happen . my goal of getting custom disc is not going to pan out because I personally cant afford to purchase them and for that I am sorry . Me and my wife are working on gathering gift cards and gift backets of some type to raffle off, I will have a disc golf bag with disc to raffle off as well. I will set up a ring of FIRE $2-$3 a round for a chance to win gift cards and/ or other prizes .So if anyone has any disc they wish to donate that would be Awesome!! As far as entry fee's $10 to play and a $1per hole.The more players the more $$ can be won. I want to thank all of you St. louis Disc golfers for your support. And again sorry for not getting the custom disc for this event. By the way this is my Granddaughter Jade .Thanks Rich Nunn
Attachments
IMG_2538.PNG
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris Kinsella on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am

Check the schedule for a date that does not conflict with another event for your best participation. Sundays are a better choice than Saturdays.
Chris Kinsella
Birdie Poster

Postby KTC on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Rich. This is Kevin Clooney. The GDGC would be proud to donate / help in any way we can. Please contact me or my wife Kate and we can work it out.
KTC
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Which course is this supposed to be held?
Puck'n'Disc5
Ace Poster

Postby antihyzers on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Here is the flyer,I hope to see you there. I will have a few items to raffle off,things like a BBQ knife set, Disc golf bag with a set of Disc, A yard disc golf game(for kids), tattoo gift card w/t-shirts,A beer basket w/bottle opener lapel pins cuzie beer glass golf towels hot sauces $10 gift card to b dub"s pretzels nuts& of course Beer, A pizza gift card for 1 FREE PIZZA a month for a year($150)value sandwhich griller.I also have a Cardinals basket with 2 jerseys cardinal flag water jug and cardinal blue socks and a geniune Brockabrella There may be more,I am still looking for more disc donations. So keep looking back for more updates on whats going on. Soon I will post a pic of most of what I have for this event. Again thanks to any and all who are helping me in this fundraiser.
Attachments
BJJPEG.jpg
#prayersforbabyjade
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments