The Bridgeton Bomber - July 12, 2014

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The Bridgeton Bomber - July 12, 2014

Postby discdoh on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:38 pm

NOTICE

The Bridgeton Bomber WILL NOT be happening this Saturday. There are a few reasons that this has to be done, but in a nutshell it is basically because we could not get a TD lined up. It really seems like the club is in dire need of some new volunteers...this is the second event that we have had to cancel/postpone due to a lack of willing volunteers. If you would like to help the club out in our future endeavors, please let us know! We have a club meeting next Monday (7/14), so feel free to show up and offer your services. The board instituted an incentive plan for running tournaments earlier this year, hoping that it would increase interest and get more people to run some events. Unfortunately, this has not been the case so far...

Although the main event is no longer on, I would still be interested in getting out and playing some golf this weekend. I was thinking that an informal PRO/AM RANDOM DRAW DOUBLES round at 10:00AM would be a great way to get out and enjoy Carrollton Park DGC. It would be run just like a JB Sunday Nooner other than the fact that we would use the RCF Ratings to help seed people into PRO and AM divisions. If you don't have a rating, we will just ask you some basic questions and get it figured out. Once we get everyone signed in, the top half will represent the PRO division and the bottom half will represent the AM division. The PRO and AM players will get randomly paired up together and we should have a pretty level playing field in theory. If this sounds like something that you are interested in, please respond on this thread and we can get the disc rolling!

Peace!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The Bridgeton Bomber - July 12, 2014

Postby mknorth17 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Sounds like a good time to me. What sort of start time would we be looking at?
mknorth17
Bogey Poster

Postby emoney on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm

There can always b a support for our first course too....ya kno maybe you long throwers may wanna finesse or practice on some approach shots at the white birch warm up saturday. Theres always a TD there and lunch n its usually never a promblem to get a super pot going...jus throwin it out there. Big guns have to bring it at sum point to the birch. Definitely competition. G'luck to what ever whom may do what...Toss a disc for me...its my sons bday weekend. So enjoy.
Live Life and Laugh At Me
2013 RCF TAG#83
emoney
Birdie Poster

Postby lbond on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 pm

How much would we be paying for the round at Carrollton? I've never been to the Nooner. That will probably be my deciding factor between this and White Birch.
lbond
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Well guys, I didn't realize that White Birch was having an event until it was brought up here. I would hate to detract from the attendance there, so I think it might be best to hold off on putting together an official doubles round at a course in such close proximity. With that said, I certainly can't keep anybody from doing what they want to, so if someone is still inclined to put together a doubles round at Carrollton, by all means go ahead and do it...I just won't be the guy that organizes it. Running a Random Draw Doubles event is a piece of cake, so maybe this would be a good opportunity for someone to get their feet wet if they want to.

I'll see you at White Birch tomorrow morning if you are headed that way!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments