2014 St. Louis Open - May 31st & June 1st

Postby discdoh on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am

http://www.saintlouisopen.com/

discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: 2014 St. Louis Open - May 31st & June 1st

Postby dtwest57 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 am

Hi all,

You know one big change in 2014 is our Friday registration and Saturday evening Player's Party will be indoors at the Sports Café! We also plan to use the new Briscoe Woods course at Sioux Passage. Well over 1,000 volunteer hours have already been put into this new course - all coordinated by Francis Albanese. Please thank him when you see him!

We have been working on the STL Open for a quite a few months now and have some good info to share - you will also see this on our updated flyer:

We've added a couple of new club sponsors: Dynamic Discs and Prodigy, We continue to have Gateway, Discraft, and Innova as sponsors. Due to all of our generous sponsors, we will spend less of your entry fee on the packs and we expect to Triple Last Year's AM Merch Payouts! :o

The Full AM Players Pack will be Guaranteed to the First 150 Ams!!
Includes a Prodigy Disc, a Gateway and a Discraft Custom Stamped Disc, an Innova mini, and a Dri-fit shirt from Dynamic Discs! Greg and I are working on more swag for the players packs - still in progress. ;)
Register early and be sure to get all of the goods!

One last request - if you cannot play but have some time available that weekend to volunteer some of your time, let me know. We have half of the volunteer positions filled and are looking for more help. You will be rewarded with merchandise!

Dave West
STL Open TD; PDGA # 752
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 am

Here is the info for the Friday 1-Round C-Tier event being put on by Gateway Disc Sports...

This is a perfect opportunity to check out the newest course in the STL area...and in a competitive setting!

You do not need to be registered for the STLO to play in this event, so if you can't make the BIG SHOW, then this might be your chance to get your DG on!

See everyone there!

discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby ScottGalvin on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:46 am

I will be available to help around Sioux if necessary.
ScottGalvin
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 am

ATTENTION:
We still need volunteers for various duties during the St. Louis Open. All volunteer positions are handsomely compensated and greatly appreciated.

You can see a list of what is needed, what you'll get in return and options to sign up here:> http://www.saintlouisopen.com/#!volunteers/c1718
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby antihyzers on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 am

i can help you guys , i sent my email and where i can help to the link above
today is here, yesterday is gone, but tommorow is yet to be
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 am

i could be the pro leaderboard transport guy if you still need one. that is assuming that you guys are OK with one of the players being in charge of the leaderboard.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby antihyzers on Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:12 am

i can run the disc contest , just let me know what is to be given as prizes and such ..my email is rich.o.nunn@gmail.com also ill need to know if this is going to happen on friday the day before tourney starts , i am off friday saturday and sunday so time is not an issue for me . i can be early and stay late for extra help if needed
today is here, yesterday is gone, but tommorow is yet to be
antihyzers
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 am

Hey Doh, just making sure which pool & courses the Advanced Masters group would be playing? They're categorized as MM1 & didn't clearly see where they were on the flyer. Also, does Adv. Masters leaders play a final 9 at Endicott? i don't want to be in a div that doesn't have a final 9 holes
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu May 01, 2014 10:55 am

If it is the same as last year, which I kind of think it is, If you're not Open Pro, MA1-Adv Men, or MA2-Int Men, you're in Pool C with MA3 & All Others. Pool C does not have a final 9.

Chances are good that Greg will step in here and clarify momentarily.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments