2014 March C Tiers

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 2014 March C Tiers

Postby shaunspiker on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

Hey Chris,

Thanks for all the updates on this tournament. I know it's probably a lot of extra work to keep tabs on everything that is going on with your tourney... Seriously appreciate it :D
shaunspiker
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks Shaun, I am looking forward to clear skies with temps in the 50's on Saturday and 40's on Sunday. So much better than year's past.

Reminder; LSDiscs is hosting a flex start doubles at JB on Friday afternoon starting at 2 (maybe earlier)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LSDiscs/30351289750

We have marked some additional OB at Endicott;
Hole 7 - continuing along the fence line from hole 6 but not including the creek is private property. The OB line is considered OB. Place your mini 1 meter in bounds and take a penalty.

The creek water will be treated as casual. Player gets up to 5 meters, no closer to the hole, to place his mini without penalty (imagine a string from basket through disc). Or place your foot directly behind the disc in the water. Placing a branch (or similar) behind the disc to step on i.e. building a lie, will be acceptable as well.
The drain pipes at the end of the fairway are also OB.

Hole 14 - along the left side of the fairway from the tee pad to past the 'C' pin location is OB. The OB line is considered OB. I do not want people going down the hill to play their next shot. Discuss where it possibly went out of bounds, reach an agreement, place your mini 1 meter in bounds and take a penalty.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Sioux Passage is up to 82 players. Again, way more than I wanted. However, once I crossed this bridge, what is 8 more spots? So I am opening the event again, as I did at Endicott, to 90 players. Online registration is closed. Call me if you want play, 314-583-3340
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Dave and Jen Garver have stepped up and are preparing food for Sioux Passage. Dave's legendary chili $2 bowl, Chili cheese nachos $2, Pulled pork sandwich $2, Hot dog $2, Chili dog $3.
Prices subject to change:)
I recommend packing a lunch in case the food is gone by the time you finish your round. There is a 30 minute break between rounds (after last card is turned in) therefore no time to leave the course and get back.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Sioux Passage notes;

Hole 1 - on or over road is OB
Hole 2 - same
Hole 3 - same
Hole 4 -
Hole 5 -
Hole 6 -
Hole 7 -
Hole 8 -
Hole 9 - same
Hole 10 - tall grass beyond basket is OB
Hole 11 - parking lot is OB
Hole 12 - tall grass to left of fairway is OB & road beyond basket is OB
Hole 13 - on or over road is OB, Parking lot is OB
Hole 14 -
Hole 15 - on or over road is OB
Hole 16 - tall grass on right and wild flower area on left is OB, Basketball court is OB
Hole 17 - tall grass on right is OB
Hole 18 - Recommend using a spotter on this hole - preferably from the card in front
- tall grass is OB, take penalty stroke, retee from red tees, if OB from second shot, mark where it went out - place mini 1 meter inbounds with a penalty stroke (yes, another one:)
- Road on right is OB, mark mini inbounds on patch of grass with a penalty stroke
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Endicott notes;

Hole 1 -
Hole 2 - walking path beyond basket is OB
Hole 3 -
Hole 4 -
Hole 5 - Fence is OB, absolutely no jumping the fence to retrieve a disc. You will be DQ'd on the spot, thanks for playing. Discs may be retrieved after the round but not by jumping the fence.
Hole 6 - same, the fence line is extended beyond the actual fence passed the basket and is marked by flags (you may retrieve your disc from the yard beyond the flags). You may also retrieve your disc from the yard with the pass gate as long as you use the pass gate. Mark where it went out with 1 meter relief and a penalty stroke. Discs may be retrieved after the round but not by jumping the fence.
Hole 7 - Fence on hole 6 is OB as well as entension of said fence marked by flags. Drainage pipes marked by pvc pipes is OB. Water on whole course is treated as casual.
Hole 8 -
Hole 9 - Mando on right. Retee until you get it left with a penalty stroke each time
Hole 10 -
Hole 11 -
Hole 12 -
Hole 13 - Mando on right. Retee until you get it left with a penalty stroke each time
Hole 14 - Woods along left side of fairway is OB
Hole 15 -
Hole 16 - Walking path beyond basket is OB
Hole 17 -
Hole 18 - Walking path beyond basket is OB
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby jjflow1212 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:03 am

Are payouts posted anywhere? Where can I see them?
jjflow1212
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 pm

does anyone know why the PDGA website shows that I was paid out $12 at the Endicott c-tier? I missed the cash by 1 throw and did not receive any payout.

http://www.pdga.com/player/37507
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments