GDS Iron Man - Saturday, July 6th - CANCELLED

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

GDS Iron Man - Saturday, July 6th - CANCELLED

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 am

EVENT UPDATE

Due to several contributing factors ("holiday" weekend, problems securing a van on a "holiday" weekend, cave flooding issues, etc.) the GDS Iron Man event is now cancelled. Dave offers his sincerest apologies to anyone that had made plans on putting themselves through this physical test. There is still a chance that this event may be re-scheduled for later in the year...I will update this discussion thread when that time comes. Dave suggests that anyone that had plans on attending this event should breathe a sigh of relief and take advantage of the tournament that is taking place at Hazelwood Park - The White Birch Warm-Up -

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2226.

To make up for any hassles/dissapointments that this may have created, Dave is going to provide a FREE DISC for EVERYONE that plays in the Hazelwood event. He hopes that this will ease your pain...

I know that this is late notice for this event, but the schedules for Dave and I haven't really been meshing recently, so the FINAL details are still being hammered out. Nonetheless, I wanted to make sure that everyone that is interested has a chance to get a sneak peek...

First off, for the most part this will be a PRE-REGISTER event. Once we have an idea of how many people are interested in joining the rental vehicle crew, we can make the necessary reservations. That said, joining the rental vehicle is NOT 100% mandatory. If you want to put together a shuttle vehicle with your buddies, by all means go ahead and do that. Also, if you would like to play in the event, but are unsure if you will be able to commit to the entire day, you are more than welcome to go solo too. We are simply trying to provide a gas/cost friendly alternative. If you DO NOT join the rental vehicle crew, I am sure that Dave will have a slightly different price structure (i.e. smaller entry fee).

We are going to meet at the Gateway Shop in Maryland Heights bright and early (6AM). There is plenty of safe parking available for everyone. Once we get the rental vehicle loaded up with everyone's gear and some coolers of beverages we will head out. At this point, only 2 things are certain: 1) We will start the day at Carrollton DGC and 2) we will end the day at the Crystal City Underground. Dave tossed around a few ideas about what courses would fill in the void (Dunegant, Endicott, Creve Coeur, Jefferson Barracks, etc.), but nothing has been set in stone. Stay posted for the final course schedule...

If you are interested, please call/e-mail the shop and let us know ASAP. The sooner that we can get an idea of how many "Iron Men" and "Iron Women" are expected, the better we can plan ahead.

Here is the tentative flyer...

discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: GDS Iron Man - Saturday, July 6th

Postby Chris K on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Long day of golf, Greg. In the past an effort was made to shorten the pin locations so as not to finish in the dark. Will you be requesting the Course Captains to shorten the courses up? Your call if you want to leave some placements in long locations or not move them at all. Actually, since CCU is the last course, everyone will be finishing in the dark:) Should be a good time.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: GDS Iron Man - Saturday, July 6th - CANCELLED

Postby discdoh on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

Please see the important update at the top of this thread...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: GDS Iron Man - Saturday, July 6th - CANCELLED

Postby discthrower on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 am

I was going to be out of town this weekend anyway, so I am looking forward to this being rescheduled.
discthrower
Bogey Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments