Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

4 club showdown?

Postby Bison on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Any info on this event yet?
Bison
Par Poster

Re: 4 club showdown?

Postby fadingaway on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

1 week to go and we have nothing. Is it a last minute surprise??? :)
RCF#40 Sharpshooter#15 SCCDGC#36 SoIl#20
fadingaway
Bogey Poster

Postby troymcclure on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 pm

My best guess is......it is just like the Endicott Open. It was suppose to be on like the 18th. It was on the schedule...and was forgotten :lol:
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby Bison on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Grief epic fail!!!!!!!!!!!
Bison
Par Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Whos TD??? Surley someone from the 4 clubs has stepped up? Where it at? What the format? Who on the four teams? So many questions, so few answers, so little time.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 pm

This brings to mind the constant need for more dedicated DG organizers. Some of the young guys need to start thinking about getting seriously involved. I remember making that first big step so long ago...

It is definitely worth it. Let us know you want to help "for real" and we will work with you to make it a fun and rewarding experience that you can build on.

That said, we are going to try and get something going for this. The Club Captains only need 18 players each, so maybe this isn't that hard of an ordeal...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm

I completly agree doh. This is a "volunteer non for profit club" after all. One or two individuals cant do everything. Some young guns gotta step up sometime soon.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 pm

JBA wrote:I completly agree doh. This is a "volunteer non for profit club" after all. One or two individuals cant do everything. Some young guns gotta step up sometime soon.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but it is more like 6-8 dedicated volunteers can't do the work that a group of 10+ can...every body counts!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 pm

I will TD this event so we are on. I have contacted the other clubs and they are also on board. This is a challenge event that doubles as a fundraiser. Pick your 18 best and available players to compete for your club.

Sept 1 Sat
9a Tee off
Arrive no later than 8a to secure your spot on the team.
Bridgeton - 1 round of 18 holes from the Blue tees
Expected end time - 12p to 1p (allows for another casual or money round for those that wish to continue)

Join any club for $20 and you have the option to play for free w/o payout (free players are not included in entry fee payout schedule) or pay $20 plus the entry fee and cash out. Membership dollars are invested in our disc golf courses.
RCF Ace Pool is not in effect

$15 entry:
$5/man goes to home club (full field 18 players = $90) (Each club walks away with $90 for their general fund)
$5/man goes to winning club (full field 72 players = $360) (May be used for any club expense)
$5/man goes to top 25% individual scores (full field 72 players = $360) (Top 18 players win cash)
And
$5 optional CTP (6 holes worth $0.50 each, remaining $2 goes to ?) (I'd like to begin compensating the TDs for all events through CTP package and other streams)
Each club gives a donation to one CTP hole (1 premium disc, or voucher, is all that is requested)

Format: Singles, best score (Add all team players' scores for total score)
Each club has a Captain
Captains recruit their players based on RCF ratings and club rosters and players' willingness/availability.
Players are carded based on RCF ratings (best club players vs best other club players)
Captains may recruit from other clubs' rosters (first come first served)
Players must be current 2012 members of the club they represent (may join that day and play for free)
All clubs may bring their inventory for sale
All the clubs chip in to pay for a traveling RCF trophy. Expected cost not to exceed $25 each.
The engraving cost is paid by the winning club. 'Date of event - Name of event (seems to change every year) - Course played - Winning Club'

TD - Chris Kinsella

Possible Captains; (merely suggestions)
STLDGC - Chris Kinsella, Greg Dohogne, Jerry Barklage
SCCDGC - Jim Nelms, Tim Wiegard, Mark Kane
JCS - Joe Bryson, Tim Lewis, Karl Hochstatter
SICG - Jeff Ligon, Bo Toebe, Derek Haas

The Captains' main function is finding 18 quality players to commit plus a couple of alternates. (Players that are not actively recruited may play for other teams as long as they are current members of that club). In other words, if you show up you will likely play in the event.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Commited to play for the STLDGC;

1 --- Neil Brown
2 --- Jake Harrison
3 --- Justin Workman
4 --- Greg Dohogne
5 --- Justin Bunnell
6 --- Aaron Walthers
7 --- David Rose
8 --- John Manion
9 --- Jeff Irwin
10 -- Boogie Eastwood-Flinn
11 -- Chris Moore
12 -- Steve Fischer
13 -- J.C. Lightle
14 -- Mike Eckler
15 -- Alex Schimmelpfenning
16 -- Rob Nahlick
17 -- Roger Reyes
18 -- Chris Kinsella

Let me know if you are willing and available to play this event. crkinsella@att.net
I am seeking the top STL players and will start a waiting list of 'near the top' players to help fill the field. We may need players for other teams that fall short of recruiting 18 players. When responding, please indicate if you are a member of another club that you would be happy to represent.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments