Ridge Runner Open - SCCDGC - August 11th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Ridge Runner Open - SCCDGC - August 11th

Postby magic on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 am

I'll post more details as it gets closer.
Attachments
2012-08-11 Ridge Runner Open.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Re: Ridge Runner Open - SCCDGC - August 11th

Postby magic on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm

With a little less then 3 weeks to go I figure it's about time to get this bumped up. I'll post a few more details in the next few weeks, but can say for now that if this heat spell doesn't break I will most likely switch it up to both rounds from the red tees. Going with the shorter tees we should be able to have everyone off the course by 2:30 or so. We can still mix up a few holes with the longer pin placements though. I'll just have to watch the weather once it gets closer and go from there.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm

A few more quick notes on this event.

I believe the RCF is running an event this same weekend, so I'm not expecting a full field. You never know though. If you give me a heads up that you will be there I will get you down.

Please don't expect huge payouts for this event. I charge $20 and it includes everything. There is no extra cost for CTP's, lunch, drinks, etc. Don't get me wrong, there will still be some good payouts. Just keep in mind that the payouts will be different for an event that includes everything for $20 and other events where there are extra charges for everything.

There will be CTP's on every hole. Half will be cash and the other half will be donated merchandise.

There is an ace pool for SCCDGC members which I believe starts at $61.

I've ordered the plaques for the amateur flights. Top 3 in each of those divisions will receive a full color plaque. I'll post a pic of them once they come in.

Last, but not least there will be a free keg courtesy of North American Breweries! With the field capped at 72 there should be plenty for everyone.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:34 pm

There are plaques for top 3 in Advanced, Intermediate and Recreational.
Attachments
2012-08-03 055.JPG
2012-08-03 052.JPG
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Schelpy on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:08 pm

sweet plaques. I'm hoping to play it, but won't know til middle of the week unfortunately. Hopefully there are still spots open when I know for sure.
Schelpy
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Just saw the weather forecast and they are calling for 85 degrees with no rain on Saturday. Are you kidding me???!!! After the scorching temps we've been having this will certainly be a welcome relief.

With that weather forecast we will definitely be playing the white tees the first round.

I'll be talking with Walls at league on Tuesday to get the pin placements determined. He should have everything moved by Wednesday.

I did most of the shopping for food today and assuming we have a full field I've got it under $2.50 right now. That will include your lunch, soda, water, lemonade and BEER! I do have to plan for a full field, so if we don't have that the price per person will be a bit higher. It should definitely end up being under $3 per person though...can't beat that. This is all included in your entry fee.

I will open up a division for ladies and/or juniors with a 3 person minimum. The demand just usually isn't there for it though.

If I can think of anything else I'll be sure to post it.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Starting to get a few pre-registrations in. Dave Murray just called the weather for Saturday "spectacular"! I still don't expect a full field (you never know), but will post the list of registrations if it might be close. Please keep the names coming in to help me out.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Can we register by posting our name here? Mike Reynolds - Masters. (I feel like giving my money to old guys this week)
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby magic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 am

You are good Mike.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to playing both sets of teepads. Some of the holes really change.

So I wonder if any of the JB homies are gonna be there Saturday. Quail Ridge is not that much tougher than JB, so it shouldn't be too intimidating
Mike_R
Par Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments