Ridge Runner Open - SCCDGC - August 11th

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: Ridge Runner Open - SCCDGC - August 11th

Postby magic on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Don't have the exact #'s in front of me, but we're up to a little over 40 pre-registered so far. If you're heading out please try to give me a heads up.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby xlforlife on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Tom Williams open div
JESUS TAUGHT ME HOW TO PUTT

2011 TAG 6

C.A.B.#31
ANT#4 2009
ANT#2 2010

If you aint first your last
xlforlife
Par Poster

Postby magic on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 pm

The food is just about done, the keg is on ice, the car is packed, SLIK has a brand new order for payouts...I think we are about set. I'll be checking this board later tonight, so if anyone else wants to get in let me know. I'll see everyone out there tomorrow.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Great time magic, smooth running per norm. I did have an issue on hole 12s mando. I cant seem to find a thread that had to do with rules. Anyway this one goes out to Justin didnt catch last name he was on my first round card and ended up in a tie for 4th place, here is the official rule on a not made mando drop. Since you didnt want to see the rule book while playing.
803.12 sec C-
A disc that has missed the mandatory results in a one throw penalty and the next throw shall be made from the drop zone, as designated for that mandatory. In cases where no drop zone is designated, the lie is marked within five meters of the mandatory object and one meter behind the mandatory line which extends from the correct side of mandatory object.
Sorry your mad about playing by the rules, but nowhere does it say anything about a "rewind throw". If you feel so strong about this made up local rule you should make a point during the players meeting Other wise there is no telling what the LOCAL rules are.
If teddy ballgame can move this to the proper forum or start up a rules discussion forum greatly appriciated. great time and near perfect weather thanks again magic
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm

I'll take the fault on the mando on 12. I forgot to say something during the players meeting about it. I guess I've figured enough people have played by the same rules for the past 5 years that I didn't need to say anything about it. The way we have always played from the white tees on 12 is if you miss the mando you can either re-tee from the reds (the drop zone) with a 1 stroke penalty or rewind. The drop zone has always been the reds from the white tees, but it seems as in this case your card wasn't sure on the ruling. It sounds like Justin had it correct...as he probably should have. He's been playing QR league and tournaments for many years. I'll apologize again for not stating the rules ahead of time. No reason to make a big fuss about it.

Looking at the rules a bit further though Jay, I don't think "rewind" is a local term. Going from the rules you posted there is nothing wrong with continuing the hole going around the mando if you happened to miss it on your drive. It's either doing that or re-teeing from the reds (the drop zone) with a stroke penalty. That is where the term "rewind" comes from and as far as I can tell from the rules there is nothing wrong with it.

I'll admit that I'm not the biggest rule nazi. Going from the facts as I know them though Justin was absolutely correct on the ruling. Of course if there was confusion on the drop zone then that is where the issue started. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Magic I PM you on the above post in more detail. Either way by re teeing or taking the drop I feel it wouldnt/didnt effect the score recieved on said hole. As far as "rewind" must be slang that I am not current on. No fuss or hard feelings. I had a good time and a great second round. Thanks again for running HQ.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:29 am

Just to clarify one thing, I've never heard it called rewind. The term I always use and hear is unwind. I still don't think there is anything illegal with it. Normally you are better off re-teeing from the drop zone with a one stroke penalty then you are trying to unwind around the mandatory.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks to everyone for coming out. I don’t think we could have asked for much better weather.

There was $60 paid into the ace pool to bring the total to $121. No aces were hit so it all carries to our next event which is the club champs next month.

There was a CTP on every hole. Odd holes were $5 cash and even holes were donated merchandise. Below are the winners:
1 – Scott Pryor
2 – Jason Boni
3 – Jeree Mitts
4 – Scott Pryor
5 – Chris Horvath
6 – Tom Williams
7 – Jeff Pridgeon
8 – Greg Kuehn
9 – Mark Kane
10 – Kyle Whitaker
11 – Jeree Mitts
12 – Tim Kallbrier
13 – Corey Campbell
14 – Ryan Odden
15 – Jeff Junte
16 – Stephen Schelp
17 – Ryan Odden
18 – ?
Attachments
2012-08-11 RR Open Results.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 am

And here are the financials for those that care.

60 participants

Expenses
$2 per player to the club = $120
$1 per player to the ace pool = $60
Shelter rental = $40
Food and drinks = $165
CTP’s – 9 holes @ $5 each = $45
CTP’s – 9 holes merchandise = FREE
Keg of beer = FREE
Total = $430

Minus
25 non-member fees @ $3 each = $75
Total = $355

Cost per participant = $5.92 ($355/60 players)

Open
9 players @ $20 = $180
Minus per player costs = $53.28
Total payout = $126.75

Masters
9 players @ $20 = $180
Minus per player costs = $53.28
Total payout = $126.75

Advanced
8 players @ $20 = $160
Minus per player costs = $47.36
Minus plaques = $21.10
Total payout = $91.57

Intermediate
22 players @ $20 = $440
Minus per player costs = $130.24
Minus plaques = $21.10
Total payout = $288.73

Recreational
12 players @ $20 = $240
Minus per player costs = $71.04
Minus plaques = $21.10
Total payout = $147.90
magic
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 am

The River City Ratings for the Ridge Runner Rounds are now completed & posted both on the Ratings Thread here on the forums, and on the Club website's Stats & Ratings page. Swing by and check 'em out!

Thanks
Ted & Greg- the Ratings Team
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments