Leukemia event July 21st

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Leukemia event July 21st

Postby nitroguy30 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am

The Shanty Open for Leukemia is quickly approaching. We have a date of July 21st. Were looking at $5000 give or take to make this as big as possible. One day , 27 holes, and then a party after. I've e-mailed lux at the point and were trying to get Greek Fire to play at the after party. I need as much input and help as I can get for this. If all goes as planned , were looking at $1000 plus for the open winner and DGA baskets as prizes for the AM divisions. We'd like at least 150 players to attend if possible. There is nothing else going on that weekend other than the bluebird series which wasnt a big hit last year so hopefully we can get some players to attend this and with a big payout it should be possible. Next year we may go the PDGA route but time is a factor this year and we just need to get the details sorted out and make this happen. I appreciate any comments or help. Thanks, Karl Hochstatter
nitroguy30
Bogey Poster

Re: Leukemia event July 21st

Postby schimmy on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 am

Where is this going to be taking place?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:34 am

I believe this will take place at The Barracks.
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby Bison on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 pm

It is goin to take place at JB
Bison
Par Poster

Postby nitroguy30 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 am

The Shanty Open is shaping up to be a great event. The previous payout will be changing a bit as some players expressed concerns to such a low number of players getting payed. We have $2000 so far in the purse and it will be spread as best we can. We're hoping to get a better idea of Pro's attending so that we can wrap up the payout so please pre-register as soon as ya can. Thx to the RCF for helping this get underway. Hope to see ya there,,,,,,Karl
nitroguy30
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Is this a fundraiser or not? People are complaining about the pay outs for a fundraiser?
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby schimmy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 pm

sounds like a lot of fun to me. i should be there.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby Bison on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Yes it's a fundraiser
Bison
Par Poster

Postby nitroguy30 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 am

Yes this is a fundraiser for leukemia. We are trying something a lil different from the normal fundraiser format. The Shanty could have easily donated some cash to the LLS and been done with it but instead have asked me to put an event together thats a win for all involved, or at least thats the goal. The players get a chance at some cash and great prizes, and the LLS (leukemia lymphona society) get some cash donated to them. The Shanty is putting in " X " amount of dollars with the hopes of earning a good portion if not all of that portion back from entry fee's, donations, etc and donating that to LLS. This will be an annual event and this first year were just trying to spark some interest and make next years event bigger and better. We didnt have a whole lot of time to get this going and were doing the best we can with the time allowed. If we can get enough players to come out we will generate enough revenue to make this a total success for all. 27 holes of golf, some great prizes, and a party to follow, all for a great cause. If anyone has any questions ,complaints,concerns, please call me personally at 314-337-0797 and we can discuss it in detail.
Thanks Karl
nitroguy30
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 am

Right on, I agree with what you said, putting together a tournament instead of just writing a check to the charity will do a better job of spreading awareness. Sounds like it will be a good time.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments