3 Man Throwdown Against MS: Part 2 July 15

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

3 Man Throwdown Against MS: Part 2 July 15

Postby dehaas on Sat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

I'm starting to get the ball rolling on the next iteration of the 3 Man Throwdown Against MS. After looking at tournament calendars I'm shooting for 2 rounds of 18 on Sunday, July 15. At the moment it will be held at Silver Lake Park in Highland again. There will be a course installed in the near future in Lebanon, IL a few minutes behind my house, but it is up in the air still if it will be a 9 or 18 hole course. If 18 holes are in ground by then I will host it there instead.

We had 102 players show up in October, only 6 short from having 6somes on every hole. Instead of adding a bunch of temporary holes and ending up playing 2 rounds of 27 holes in the July heat I have decided to cap the field at 108 players, or 36 teams of 3. If you want to ensure that you get in, I highly suggest paying in advance. I'll post as we get closer how to get your teams registered and paid up...this will also give me some more flexibility in covering costs involved with running the event.

Entry will be $20 per person which includes a tournament stamped disc and lunch between rounds. I'm working on putting together some prizes for CTP holes, longest putt holes, ring of fire prizes, and an optional raffle. If you have any items (DG related or not) that you'd like to donate as prizes I will graciously accept them. There will also be an optional ace fund, as 2 aces were hit last year.

After all operating costs have been covered, the proceeds will be donated to the Gateway chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I recently found out that my employer will match charitable donations up to $2500, so after it's all said and done we should have a pretty sizable donation to make.

Keep an eye out on the thread, more details will be shared as they become more concrete. If you came out and played last year I hope you show up again, if you didn't get a chance to play I urge you to come check it out.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Re: 3 Man Throwdown Against MS: Part 2 July 15

Postby Bison on Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 pm

I am lookin forward to this! I missed the first one.
Bison
Par Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue May 22, 2012 3:55 pm

i think i've got a decision made on who is doing the tournament stamped discs, just waiting on the artwork to be finalized before i can submit the order. i'm also hoping to have the flyer finished within a few days so i can get it posted within a week or so.

i'm also starting to receive some interest in donation items for ctp's and the raffle. 3x women's world champ val jenkins said that she'd send a signed disc or two to be given away...that's a good start. i've got a few high end prizes that i'm trying to solidify, stay tuned for more details.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

nutsac is on board again this year, they have agreed to donate something to be raffled off in this year's tournament.

the tournament stamped discs are going to be done by innova, and i have a little bit of time before i have to place the order. so if there are certain molds people would like to see available, please speak up. right now i'm wanting a bit of variety, and am leaning towards xg (gummy) rhynos, champ glow sidewinders, glow kc pro rocs, metal flake (sparkle champ) gators, leopards, and teebirds, and blizzard destroyers and katanas. there will also be 2 disc catcher portable baskets to be raffled off among other prizes.

i played at highland this past monday and there are now tee signs on each hole with a diagram of the hole and distances listed. at some point i will move the pin placements around for a little bit of variety. once i decide on those i will have them posted here.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

got a response from avery jenkins, it looks as if he will be donating a signed disc again this year for the raffle. i've got the flyer completed a bit later than expected. i'm gonna try to get a bunch printed out and posted at most of the area courses within the next few days. tournament stamp should be finished in the next day or two, and the disc order will be placed as soon as it's finished. if you know you're going to play, you're more than welcome to pay in advance. the turnout was pretty large last year, so snag a spot for your team and avoid missing out.

3manthrowdown.jpg
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 pm

i placed the disc order with innova last week, the selection of discs will be xg (gummy champ) rhynos, champion metal flake gators, leopards, teebirds, and roadrunners, and blizzard katanas and destroyers. everybody will get their choice of disc included with their entry and if you want to purchase extras they will be $15 apiece or 2 for $25. tournament flyers were posted out at sioux, endicott, and jb earlier today. there are 2 teams out of a max of 36 that have paid their way in, i will keep the thread updated with how many teams have paid for their registration in advance.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:41 am

I finally received word on the sponsorship I've been pretty quiet about last night. Grip EQ is gracious enough to donate 2 bags for the tournament. They're probably the hottest golf bag on the market, and carry a premium price. Come on out and take a chance at winning one.

Much thanks to Grip EQ for supporting an awesome cause.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby legendarydave on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Wow!!! This sounds like an awesome event for a great cause! And you get a custom disc... If i wasn't so awful I would play! Unless there is a team of two that needs a third and they would NEVER use my shot...
legendarydave
Par Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 am

At this point I've either received payment or made arrangements to receive payment from 5 teams out of the 36 slots available. If you know you have a team and plan on playing, I strongly urge you to get a hold of me and we can work out a way to get your entry fees in. You don't want to wait until it's too late and not make it in.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

picked up the plastic shipment today and the discs are looking really sharp. lots of really grippy champion metal flake plastic, blizzard, and gummy champ rhyno goodness. so far 9 teams have contacted me and either paid their entry fees, or worked out a way to get them to me before the tournament. that leaves 27 spots, so figure out your teams and get paid up, otherwise you might not make it in.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments