STLDGC Event Discussion Open Forum

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The March C-Tiers 2012 - 2 PDGA Events - 3/24 & 3/25

Postby Lazerface on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:08 pm

I would quotes Bryan's post but I dont know how, cause it is hilarious.

Lets not forget when bryan was like a 985 rated AM just smoking the competition not all that long ago and the pros then were sayin the same shit as you are now. :lol:

If I do make it out to the c tiers I will play open, because Im a local and have an ok rating. But if a lot of the local guys did some traveling they would know that I am an AM when it comes to pdga events, and it is exactly where I belong. In no way do I have the skill to compete with the pros in an A or B tier. That is not modesty, it is a fact. So screw you if you think because I can win a local tourney playing open in STL that I should donate money every time I play a pdga event. C-TIER ok, but I have no shame playing AM in big tourneys. I guess Im not as cool as the 960 rated guy who plays open all the time and never cashes. I don't play for charity.

So the reality is that STL has to pro players (not age protected) Nikko and Bryan, and that is why are pdga pro divisions are weak. Its that simple boys.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Miz, hang tight and tell everybody that knows all, to go... There are more people in this town that have all of the answers, but are clueless in our world. You keep working, and do not get involved with the ones that have, all the answers. Ask BJ, he and I have had this talk before. Sorry home folks, but I play this game a couple of levels above the STL world. Yell, scream, at me but, there are reasons and reasons that, I play at a higher level in this game.
Do not get me wrong, I love the STL DG seen but, the PDGA level of competition is way better in my opinion.

Peace

To me as a competitor this is way 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby bean928 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm

What ever happen to playing for the love of the game Albert Pujols? I mean come on! What expenses do you have from a local tourney that the bare min added cash isnt enough for one weekend worth of disc golf?Maybe youre worried with all the big dogs coming in for that 1800 it wont pay down far enough? lol just kidding
I see doh and francis(and some others) stepping up in tourneys but what about the other local pros? Where are you guys to help out? If the cash is that bad then dont play Im sure there is someone else who will appreciate it. OR go out and get more money for that purse you are already putting in your pocket. Go out get more donations and all that other stuff since you assume its growing on trees out there. If youre so confident in winning why wouldnt you put more time and effort in to make that piece of pie sweeter? I know if I was that good I would bust my butt to make that pro purse extra juicy. Seems like some of the (NSDGT)real pros are finally understanding that you got to make your own money/opportunities in this sport. but complaining about it gets nowhere in fact it does the opposite. I would love to run a tourney some day to GIVE BACK to the sport but why would I if this is what I have to look forward to? Why would I cater to people that seem unappreciative and just want to get their money and go? Would they run one for me? hahahahaha funny joke. Seems like this has been an issue for awhile no matter who is in charge or whatever. The only thing that has stayed the same is the amount of tissues needed for the amount of crying the pros do. I mean get real. the economy is in the trash and you guys are upset about not enough money there.like doh said be grateful you have volunteers to run events with added cash. Bc at this pace we may have a day where no one wants to put up with this bs. I respect and greatly appreciated everyone who puts their time and effort in the sport we all love but can we all just get along and work together to make this sport where it already should be?

Jim make sure you dont accept cash if you accidentally lol win some in the pro division if you plan on playing worlds. That is if you are playing am in worlds. :D
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby Lazerface on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 pm

True that, you know Im taking merch boyyyyy!
AMERICA
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby gflap on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:28 am

I guess I will continue to play for charity and remain clueless of Rondisc's world.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 am

gflap wrote:I guess I will continue to play for charity and remain clueless of Rondisc's world.

Don't worry Greg, we're all clueless to that world. I have to read his posts like 3 times to to get the gist of what he might be trying to say :lol:
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

Well said bean...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:00 pm

gflap - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - gotta love Ron's post - I know his language pretty well now
AMERICA
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 pm

At gflap and JI,
I totally meant that message for Miz, you were not expected to understand ;)

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Bean,
We all love the game, which is why we play. I don't think anyone on this thread is "only in it for the money." We play "for fun" all the time. But, if everyone played just for fun all the time, there would be no need for the PDGA, RCF or even bag tags. However, since some people enjoy healthy competition, we have tags, clubs, leagues, tournaments, etc.
I agree that more people should help out more, but it is a thankless position that is usually met with more resistance than appreciation. That said, I've seen a lot of people that you seem to be addressing in this thread helping out on the course or at events, so know that before you talk trash.

Disc golf is a fun game, and we all like to play, but if I'm going pay $30/day to play and spend all weekend playing and I beat a majority of the field then shouldn't I be compensated for playing better than everyone else? Again, if you want to play for fun some day give me a call and we can meet anywhere and play for free. However, in this thread, we are talking specifically about a PDGA sanctioned event, not everyday rounds.

The winning pros (usually) pay a higher entry fee and beat 95+% of the field but don't get paid out nearly as much as the people that win the AM divisions because there aren't as many competitors. Is that fair? I don't think so. They are the best and should be paid the most in my opinion. Unfortunately, when tournaments are geared towards AMs, you draw in more AMs and fewer pros show up. Again, this is the chicken or the egg philosophy that I've mentioned before. That is why I'm asking the club to put on a "Pro" event that only offers Pro divisions.

If you're someone that just like to play for fun and the love of the game, why do you join the PDGA, play tournaments or paid leagues, or even join the club. Why not just show up at the course at throw discs? I'm assuming its because you want to support the game you love so much. All I'm saying, at the end of the day, for all the money we're asked to donate we should have an opportunity to earn some of it back by winning tournaments. No one is asking for Albet Pujols money, just to be paid for sacrificing their weekend, paying an entry fee and beating everyone else.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments