2012 STL Open food help needed

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

2012 STL Open food help needed

Postby Mattress on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Help a brotha out. I am looking for help to make an awesome players party dinner for the STL open.

I am thinking something in the lines of El Dia de la Batalla de Puebla (The Day of the Battle of Puebla). A.K.A. Cinco de Mayo. The date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride,vand to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War.
OK enough history. Tamales, burittos,tacos, beans, rice, the biggest batch of guacamole you have ever seen in your life. Oooo how about a guacamole and salsa competition? Or any other IDEAS to feed a crowd for cinco de mayo.

I also need people to help me do this. As many of you know.... my wife and I are opening a bakery in South City (http://www.pintsizebakery.com) in the next 3-4 weeks. So saying I'm busy is a huge understatement. I need people to take on one or if we get enough help 1/2 of a task and come togeather at the end with a rockin cinco de mayo/ players party for the Open.

Review:
Mexican theamed food ideas to feed a crowd
Have a secret family creation? Make a crapload of it we will pay you for the ingredients to share it with us.

People to take on a task or a half like:
Hanging at Endi on the 5th to get things in order for the party. (some cooking)
Food prep the week leading up to the 5th.
You get it.

So everybody blow this thread up with ideas and most of all HELP pulling it off.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Re: 2012 STL Open food help needed

Postby clane on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 pm

If I have a pot big enough I can make a big pot of pozole.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby Mattress on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

That would be good. But not sure how hot soup will go over. The first week of May will more likely be as hot as July the way this crazy weather trend is progressing. Last year C tier it snowed a few inches for the second round on Saturday.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

I might be able to make a few pounds of taco meat for the party. I can make some killer tacos that have a little kick to them.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby Mattress on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:49 am

I'm FN crazy! I'm not going to be able to help with the food. More unexpected events and tasks are poping up every day.
I can give whoever does do it some advice on meal planning and quantity to prepare. I can also offer fridge space at the bakery before the tournament.
Sorry for the cornfusion.
Mattress
Bogey Poster

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments