Two rounds from the Red Tees
Lunch provided
Tournament ACE pool and prizes

Any questions Jeff Ligon 618-978-8316
JLIGON
Par Poster

Re: Rock Spring Memorial "C" Tier

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Looking for a Discraft Cyclone for the tournament this weekend. I'm willing to trade or pay for one and I'm not too worried about what particular plastic. Not sure what the club inventory situation is lookin like for this weekend, but I could really use one of these things for Sunday. I don't have much goin on for the rest of the week so if anyone has one sittin around that they do not use, let me know!

Thanks,

Johnny Lynn
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:32 am

Johnny Lynn,
I will check with some locals who may have some in their vaults. The flight of the cyclone fits the ZOOM, ZOOM design of the Rock.

To All Players:
This week starting at the Rock Spring Memorial, kicks off 3 straight weekends of outstanding disc golf. Starting with The Rock Spring Memorial, you can view the course layout on the website-course photo link.

Hole 2 Red OB at Rock Spring is a paradox at this course! The rules normally state on or over the road, you are OB, pretty much the standard rule. From the #2 red tee box, you can drive over this road; a classic reminder of a simpler time when stones were crafted as surfaces to drive vehicles on.

Smart tourney players like Roger Reyes, or Tim Sullivan will drive over the road with a strong tight hyzer, which may be long enough to get a slight skip and a chance at a tough two with a good putt. You do not want too much hyzer though or you will skip into the road and hence OB.

Now other players may end up with some other interesting routes, which I do not really recommend, but I have seen it happen, and it is legal on your drive only. The players do not get their drive out far enough, the hyzer turns the disc, and they end up back on the side of the road as the Tee Box. Though it is not OB, you will probably wish you were. Therefore, my advice on that hole is drive and stay over the road, as you make your way to the hole. Remember, if any of your next shots go over the road you are OB on Hole 2.
There is a good chance this event will fill, so get there early! Forecast is Crisp and Sunny, bring a towel the dew will be thick in the first round, good luck to all players and a Big THANK YOU to the chain gang whose tag I sport proudly!
M.Kane
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:15 am

Mark,
Thanks for the plug, I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to get out there a little extra early to see what I can find. Jeff Wundt is trying to help me out as well but I'm not sure if he is playing tomorrow.
To follow up on what Mark posted about hole 2; for the right hand back hand thrower, unless you are really really confident that you can throw a bullet directly at the target, I highly recommend taking the high route over the bricks like Mark said. If you don't think you have the distance, stay farther to the right! The angle is much easier that way. For the LHBH thrower, taking the direct shot is probably the way to go since the disc will hyzer its way back out into the fairway. Also, on hole number 3, watch throwing hard left. The creek on the left is going to have more water in it than usual due to the rain. What appears to be a good shot, may turn out wet. Really lookin forward to tomorrows tournament!

Johnny Lynn
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Postby troymcclure on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 am

Great Tournament!!! Thank you for the work you put into running it.

Sorry about emptying your club stock :(
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby raymandisc on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Open winner was Brian Johnson and Jerry Barklage won a playoff over Tim Sullivan. Weather wasn't that bad. The rain stopped before we started. A little sun hear and there. Sorry I don't know the other winners. Thanks to all who put this one together. :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby rondisc on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm

raymandisc wrote:Open winner was Brian Johnson and Jerry Barklage won a playoff over Tim Sullivan. Weather wasn't that bad. The rain stopped before we started. A little sun hear and there. Sorry I don't know the other winners. Thanks to all who put this one together. :mrgreen:

Aaron won adv, bigger question how long does it take to be uploaded to PDGA :?:

Just wonderin,
Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby troymcclure on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 am

rondisc wrote:
raymandisc wrote:Open winner was Brian Johnson and Jerry Barklage won a playoff over Tim Sullivan. Weather wasn't that bad. The rain stopped before we started. A little sun hear and there. Sorry I don't know the other winners. Thanks to all who put this one together. :mrgreen:

Aaron won adv, bigger question how long does it take to be uploaded to PDGA :?:

Just wonderin,
Peace

I anticipate 2 weeks hahah
troymcclure
Bogey Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks to all of the participants in this event! A little better weather may have drawn a few more players, but still a successful event! This is my home course so I hope the trip was worth while for everyone. I know every trip that I have made to play in tournaments around St. Louis was well worth the drive! For all of you who like playing in the So Ill Chain Gang tournaments, you should stay updated on Southern Illinois Chain Gang's Extreme Tournament which will be held sometime in August at Woodland Chains in Collinsville. The setup at that particular tournament is unbelievable!

Once again, I thank all who came out to support the Southern Illinois Chaing Gang, as well as Rock Spring(s) Park!

Johnny Lynn
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments