The Crusade - SCCDGC - April 14

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The Crusade - SCCDGC - April 14

Postby Richard~Cheese on Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 am

Looks like the ratings will help tds and players pick a division. After all stroker did win by 10 strokes looks like he wood of placed 3rd in pro. I know that playing condtions were far from ideal.But still if condtions were good who knows how many more strokes he or anyone else that bags wood of won by . Maybe magic should be the first to use the ratings for splitting the field. Even tho they are still realitivly new. And see how it works out.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Re: The Crusade - SCCDGC - April 14

Postby magic on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 am

JBA wrote:Looks like the ratings will help tds and players pick a division. After all stroker did win by 10 strokes looks like he wood of placed 3rd in pro. I know that playing condtions were far from ideal.But still if condtions were good who knows how many more strokes he or anyone else that bags wood of won by . Maybe magic should be the first to use the ratings for splitting the field. Even tho they are still realitivly new. And see how it works out.

If Brian would have played Intermediate then he would have been sandbagging, but it's hard to call someone out who is playing in the Advanced division. If anyone has a complaint it is those who did play in the Advanced division since the payouts were so low.

If you really want to look at things how about the fact that everyone who cashed out in the intermediate division would have beat the second and third place players in advanced.

There is obviously some people who do sandbag, but for the most part I think a lot of people just don't know for sure which division they should be playing in. Hopefully the rating system will start to fix this problem. Previously the only rating you had to go by was the PDGA rating, but since not many people are PDGA members that did nothing for running events on the local level.

I already do have plans for using the rating for an event later in the year. I do believe it's still too early to try and use them now. One thing to keep in mind and it won't be my decision to make, but I'm not so sure we can force anyone to play in the Open division. I'm pretty sure the PDGA doesn't make anyone play Open based on their rating. It's kind of a personal decision if you want to play for cash or if you are OK continuing to win more plastic.
magic
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments