The Crusade - SCCDGC - April 14

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: The Crusade - SCCDGC - April 14

Postby fairweather_fan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 am

I'm glad folks are starting to look closely at the ratings, and to see how they might be used to increase the competition and parity at local events. It's nice to see a discussion starting around them...

Also, I believe the player in question has 4 rated rounds- the Quail Ridge Ice Bowl, and the previously mentioned 3 round event also @ Quail. Andy makes a good point that the ratings will get much more stable, and also reflective of true talent, as people play more rounds at more courses.

To learn more about the River City Ratings, or to check your rating out, head over to the Stats Page on the Club website.

Thanks
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby magic on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am

A few people asked for directions. The actual address is 3325 Deer Run Lane, Moscow Mills, MO 63362.

From I-70 West take Hwy 79 North (first exit past Mid Rivers Mall Drive)
Hwy 79 North 12 miles to Highway C
West (left) on Highway C approx. 4 miles to S. Ethlyn Road
Right on S. Ethlyn Road approx. 2 miles to Deer Run Lane
Right on Deer Run Lane, 3/10 mile to El Shaddai Ranch entrance

or

From I-40 North to I-61 North
I-61 North 12 miles to Highway C
East (right) on Highway C approx. 6 miles to S. Ethlyn Road
Left on S. Ethlyn Road approx. 2 miles to Deer Run Lane
Right on Deer Run Lane, 3/10 mile to El Shaddai Ranch entrance
magic
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 am

isn't Brian S and his partner tied for 2nd in the Quail ridge league? Maybe he should move up to open division. Or is Dave's back killin him.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Give it time, the ratings system will intimidate some and push others to be better. Thanks for completely messing with the Strokers Game. Now, when he plays the Crusade, I would guess we should see him excel early and end up.......Faded :-).

If it was me, I'd play wherever I felt comfortable, Brian I hope you do the same, good luck bro!

I forsee the ratings system as a future tool for picking the kind of tourney a TD wants to have. We have continued to discuss the kinds of tourneys we want to have. That ultimately depends on the kind of players at the tourneys. The payout concerns are always an issue, justifiably so as the TD has to stretch the divisional payouts to meet the needs of the competitors at each tourney.

I submit to you that tourneys could be an invitational type, imagine 72 intermediate players at one tourney with only 1 or two points separating the field, now imagine what kind of payout you could get a division that large. I envision competitive tourneys requiring a top 100 ranking, and recreational tourneys could invite players that are below the 100th rank.

We could have two tourneys on the same day at two different courses, competitive and recreational. Let's not forget the options are endless, remember the global tourney, we could "globalize" a St. Louis area tourney!

I digress fellow disc golfers!

So back to the focus - "The Crusade" - I think this course is one of the most beautiful courses in this area, the facilities are off the hook, the course is well manicured, and the TD's from the St. Charles Club produce enjoyable, competitive good tourneys, with deep payouts, free delicious food and one of the most dramatic plaques awarded. The ratings won't matter much since the tee pad configuations are new and have not been used in tourney play before. What matters is that we get out there and fill the field, at a wonderful course!
See ya there!
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am

This is one of the alt tee pads for hole 16. It's going to make this hole play quite a bit different...who will choose to try and clear the water! The course sure looks to be in excellent shape.
Attachments
295178_430121980338698_100000226984350_1903726_522240955_n.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Postby gflap on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:46 pm

and the fence on the right is OB
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby magic on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks to everyone who made it out! All things considered I think Brian did one heck of a job pulling this event off. I guess you would have to be there to understand to circumstances.

We could only play holes on the back 9 due to flooding. We did add a few temp baskets. The first round played 19 holes and the second round played 11 holes.

The ace pool started at $64. There was $43 paid in to bring the total to $108. John Reeds hit an ace on hole #17 (much deserved for the work he has put into the course)! Ace pool pays out 60%, so $64 went to John with $44 carrying over to the next event.

There was a CTP on the following holes with the winners listed. Each person won a T-Shirt, Razor and Labatts key chain. Thanks to TC Brown for donating all of the merchandise.

9 – Damon Gamiche
10 – Damon Galmiche
11 – Jim Nelms
12 – Steve Bagnard
13 – Brian Stokotter
14 – Steve Bagnard
15 – Scott Paul
16 – Steve Bagnard
17 – Eric Twedell (?)

Here’s a breakdown of the payout for those who care.

43 participants @ $25 for a total of $1075.

Expenses
$1 per person for ace pool = $43
$3 per person for course rental = $129
$4 per person for food = $172
$1 per person to the club = $43
Total = $387
Total per person = $9

Since we planned on enough food for a full field we had quite a bit of extra. We agreed to only take $1 per player for the club instead of $2 which depending on how you look at it we were able to provide a great lunch for $3 per player.

The payouts are posted next to the scores, but here’s a breakdown of each division. Open paid out cash. All other division paid out merchandise vouchers. I’m pretty sure I have all ties correct, but could possibly be wrong.

Open
11 players @ $25 = $275
Minus $9 per player for expenses = $99
Total payout = $176

Advanced
5 players @ $25 = $125
Minus $9 per player for expenses = $45
Minus $21 for plaques
Total payout = $59

Intermediate
16 players @ $25 = $400
Minus $9 per player for expenses = $144
Minus $21 for plaques
Total payout = $235

Recreational
11 players @ $25 = $275
Minus $9 per player for expenses = $99
Minus $21 for plaques
Total payout = $155
Attachments
2012-04-14 The Crusade a.jpg
magic
Ace Poster

Postby wallbanger on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks for everyone coming out and playing saturday. with the weather being as it was a great turnout still. wow! thanks for everyone"s co-operation with the changes on the fly due to flash flooding on the front of the course and the parking lot . thanks to greg, janice . jim and andy for helping with food and scoring, couldn't have done it with out you.
thanks to bryan at the ranch for supplying us the shelter, kitchen, grill and all the grass cutting that was great.

If anyone has any photos of the flooding please contact me I would like to have a copy please.
wallbanger
Bogey Poster

Postby magic on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Not a huge deal, but the CTP on 17 went to John Reeds. That was the hole he hit an ace on, so obviously he took the CTP on it. The flag wasn't turned in though, so not sure why I had the winner incorrect. I do know that John won everything else on top of what the ace pool paid out. Sorry about that.
magic
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 am

The results from the Crusade have been run through the River City Ratings system, and the round ratings are posted in the Ratings Thread here on the forum, and on the Club website's Stats Page.

Follow the links to check out your ratings from this weekend's Event, see your overall Ratings and rank, and to learn more about the River City Ratings.

Thanks
Ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments