10th Annual Headache Bowl

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 10th Annual Headache Bowl

Postby gregwil2 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:31 am

From the membership page (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1576) Boogie is from MO (home course Endicott) so I'm sure it was just a mix up on addresses. I don't see how you think they would get away with just sending MO people whatever tag they wanted and all all IL people the low tags without an huge uproar.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby himer on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am

for one has nothing to do with boogie just dont see how you get the right address and the name but the wrong tag dosent even matter dont have to worry about going back over there
himer
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Obviously things like mixups and confusion about numbers can get people a little upset... but it kinda seems like you're reacting a bit strongly. You didn't mention specifically whether or not you got in contact with Jeff Ligon directly to straighten out the confusion. I didn't read anything anywhere that said that Il. Chain Gang tags that were given with the entry into the Headache Bowl would start at #1 for the first place player (maybe there was something said that morning that I didn't hear). If they've already been selling 2012 tags for a while now (like all other clubs), then it would be reasonable to assume that some of those folks who have lower tags might not have been able to be there to surrender their tags. Again, maybe there was something I missed - I'm just speculating in an attempt to reduce your frustration.

All said, it is just a piece of plastic with a number printed on it and has no monetary or other intrinsic value beyond that of ego boosting. It's kinda cool to have a lower number... but I've never met anyone who made fun of me or looked down on me because of my number, so I just don't see getting all fired up.

You'll probably want to yell at me now too, so I'm sorry. I'm just hoping to give you a reason to feel a little better about it and perhaps the encouragement to cool down enough to work it out with the Chain Gang.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby himer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 am

for one they do start at one so you already wrong. its the principle but I guess you dont get that. And on top of that If the tags would have been brought there would be no problem. but i guess someone will get mad for me saying that too :lol: :D
himer
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am

I shot a 71, not 72, although the card that was turned in may have read 72 (i should have double checked it better before it was turned in). my bad, no big deal, and i'm sure nothing can be done about it now...except penalizing me two strokes for an incorrectly tallied scorecard [under PDGA rule 804.03 G(2)]...so now my 71 is a 73! :lol: :oops:

why did i open my big mouth again? :evil:

ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby JLIGON on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Himer or anyone else who has a problem with a tag number let me know the problem. If you think that tags would be handed out to keep the low tags in Illinois you are so wrong, nobody in Illinois has ever cared about tags. The master list is up so let me know what somebody has a problem with.

Jeff Ligon
618-978-8316
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby bean928 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Sounds like karma got the best of him! :twisted: but he should be happy he got a tag im still waiting for mine. patiently :lol:
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby JLIGON on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Himer are you steve laufenberger? What tag did Boogie get? did someone get tag 15. steve i have a wooden tag for you at #7. did matt radtke get a tag he should have #15.
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby himer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

not worried about the tag anymore. But the more people i talk to they did not get tags instead got a letter from the post office or a tag that was bent up. so me jumping to conclusions has to say that its not southern chain gain fault but is most likley the post office. i appolgize i am wrong!
himer
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I saw Boogie at the CC Ice Bowl. He has tag # 7. Said his envelope was all torn and inside a postal envelope. It appears there was an issue at the post office and the tags may have commingled from a spill. He also said he'd be happy to get with the rightful owner and exchange tags.
I still don't have my tag. I wonder if it is under a table at the post office. These things will all work out; I can use my purple 2011 tag that is marked 2010 (remember that comedy?) and imagine it is my 2012 tag until the new tag shows up. I am getting a lot of mileage from my favorite bottle opener.
The Headache Bowl has become a command performance event since it's inception 7 or 8 years ago (maybe longer) and I look forward to next year's event. Thanks for all you guys do on the Illinois side.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments