St. Louis Collegiate Qualifier

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: St. Louis Collegiate Qualifier

Postby SteveK on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks Greg

I gave the pin placements for Endi to Tim Finnan, and he will get them moved this week, Sunday at the latest.
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby UofADiscGolf on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 pm

New collegiate rankings update was posted today. Arkansas is the the new #1. Check it out! http://www.ncdgc.com/rankings.htm

The top three collegiate disc golf teams will be attendance at the Gateway Collegiate Classic. None of these three teams have competed against each other since the 2011 National Championships. This should be a very interesting match-up. And I wouldn't be surprised if we had an unranked team jump out of nowhere to steal the Gateway Collegiate Classic title.

After failing to win the bid at the Alabama Slammer this past weekend, the University of Alabama will be making the 500+ mile trip to St. Louis to compete and hopefully earn their bid to Nationals. Looks like there will be an intense battle for the Nationals bid at the Gateway Collegiate Classic.
UofADiscGolf
Bogey Poster

Postby SteveK on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Gateway Collegiate Classic Roster (paid entry) as of 2/26/12

STLCC

University of Alabama
Ferris State
University of Wisconsin Whitewater
Southern Illinois of Edwardsville
University of Alabama Hunstville A Team
University of Alabama Huntsville B Team
Lindenwood University B Team
Notre Dame
Western Illinois University
Murray State - A Team
Purdue University
Southern Illinois Carbondale
Lindenwood University
University of Kansas
University of Arkansas
University of Illinois
Last edited by SteveK on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
SteveK
Bogey Poster

Postby UofADiscGolf on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Its hard to believe several months ago I made a post on this website talking about my ambitions of organizing a collegiate disc golf tournament in St. Louis. We have come a long way. The tournament has nearly reached capacity. The River City Flyers Disc Golf Club is truly making a statement in the world of collegiate disc golf.

The Gateway Collegiate Classic will be the largest collegiate disc golf tournament ever organized since the inception of collegiate disc golf (other than the National Championships). I can't express how impressed I am with the help I have received in organizing this tournament. This has far exceeded my expectations. The cave event that we are organizing for the Friday before the tournament has been a HUGE pull for collegiate teams.

The tournament is reaching its expected capacity of 22 teams. This includes teams from a variety of cultures and geographic regions (Alabama, Notre Dame, Purdue, Illinois, to mention a few). With such a large field of teams, I have spoken with the coordinator of the National Collegiate Disc Golf Union and it is likely that the Gateway Collegiate Classic will receive two Nationals bids.

We highly encourage spectators for this tournament. I expect a very intense battle for the tournament title and also for the bids for Nationals. Collegiate tournaments are unlike most disc golf tournaments. These players will be playing for school pride. Teams will be supporting their school colors and jerseys. You may see blow up mascots, flags, pop-up tents, and even collegiate chants (you'll definitely be hearing Arkansas call the hogs).

Come check out this event! It will be a unique look at the promising future of collegiate disc golf and the sport of disc golf as a whole.
UofADiscGolf
Bogey Poster

Postby schimmy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Here are the details for Friday night's doubles round.

Bring your own partner doubles at the cave Friday night (3-2-12). Each team will play two rounds of 9 holes. $20 a team of which $10 will go to the cave and the other $10 goes to payouts. There will be two divisions, pro and am. Players will decide which division they are in before the round starts. This tournament will be open to anyone who wants to play not just collegiate players. As of right now plan on a rolling start between 7-8 unless you hear different on this forum. If we have a longer rolling start then the guys who start right at 7pm will be trying to play hole 10 while other guys are starting on hole 1 and there will be a big bottleneck. Lights will be for sale at the course and scorecards will hopefully be finished by then with a map on the back of the card to show players where to go.

Please remember that there is no outside alcohol allowed inside the cave. There will be alcohol on sale in the cave. Also there is no smoking allowed in the cave.

See everyone on Friday.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am

This is mostly right. This is not an official tournament, just a good chance to play the undeground for some cash. There should be 18 holes and rolling starts are the plan. $20 a team with $10 to the undergrund and the rest going to payouts and jcs for course improvemets. Any questions call me, joe, 314-276-5112. If I don't answer, leave a message, I'm in the u
nderground.
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 am

There is 18 baskets set up in the cave! We will be doing the doubles as planned, $20 a team, $10 to the cave, $10 to the payouts and jcs for developement. See you all at 7pm.
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby UofADiscGolf on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Just got official word from the head of collegiate disc golf that the Gateway Collegiate Classic will be receiving two National bids to hand out this weekend!
UofADiscGolf
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 pm

if anyone at the cave tonight gets some pictures of the action or folks enjoying themselves frisbee-style, please send 'em my way. i'm going to be @ the Collegiate Qualifier events on Saturday and Sunday helping out and taking photos for the website/etc., but won't be able to make it down this evening.

PM me on the forums or email RCFwebmaster (at) hotmail.com if you've got any photos or other media you'd like to see on the website!

thanks
ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby SteveK on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

SUNDAY TEE TIMES: See Below for Overall Standings.

CARD Tee Time College
CARD 1 9:20 Lindenwood
CARD 1 9:20 UW-Whitewater

CARD 2 9:30 Oklahoma State
CARD 2 9:30 STLCC

CARD 3 9:40 Illinois State
CARD 3 9:40 Notre Dame

CARD 4 9:50 SIUC
CARD 4 9:50 SIUE

CARD 5 10:00 Mississippi State Girls
CARD 5 10:00 Alabama Huntsville B Team

CARD 6 10:10 Mississippi State