Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Postby dehaas on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks for everybody who came out, my mind was blown by the turnout. We had 34 teams, so 102 golfers out there having a good time and supporting a great cause. I know there were some minor hiccups (not having vegetarian lunch options, confusion with people playing on the same holes and groups on the second round, etc.), but I hope everybody enjoyed the weather and the course. After the expenses were covered it's looking like roughly $1400 will be donated to the Gateway Chapter of the National MS Society. I wasn't really sure what to expect for a turnout and donation amount when I decided to put this together, but everybody who participated definitely exceeded any expectation that I could have had.

Holes 1a and 4a were aced yesterday, and the lowest combined score for both rounds was a 101 shot by the Centralia crew of Isaac, Sheldon, and Sean. I would guess that the par on that particular layout was in the 58-59 range, with par 4's being 11, 12, 15, 16, and 17.

This is definitely event I will run again next year, and I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve it or make it run better. I had 3 temp holes between 8 and 9 in case we filled up 18 holes...which we almost did. If I could fit 9 temp holes in without sacrificing anything on the course and maybe hold it earlier in the year when there is more daylight we could have more people play. I think the 3 man format worked well, a lot of people said they've never shot 3 man best shot. It's always fun when you know you can run at the basket and not have to worry too much about the come back.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Re: Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Postby dehaas on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

here is a link to the pics taken. some came out fuzzy, but these are the ones that turned out decent.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff499/dehaas5/3%20Man%20Throwdown%20Against%20MS/
dehaas
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments