Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Postby dehaas on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

So I'm putting together a fundraiser in which the proceeds will benefit the National MS Society. My wife has MS and I've been wanting to run something like this for a while. Since this is a fundraiser there will be no payout, but I'm in the process of scraping together a player's pack and getting some sweet schwag donated for CTP and ring of fire prizes. There will be a formal flyer put together once a few minor details have been worked out but I wanted to get the major details out in advance as much as possible.

Sunday, October 23 at Silver Lake Park in Highland, IL
-all proceeds will be donated to the National MS Society
-format will be 3 man bring your own partners best shot
-2 rounds of 18 holes with lunch provided
-entry fee is $15 per person, which includes lunch and player's pack of some type (still determining what goodies I can get my hands on)
-registration starts at 8am, player's meeting at 8:45, first round at 9am
-$2 optional ace fund, if no ace is hit the pot will be paid out via throwoff
-2 divisions: pro and am
-numerous CTP and ring of fire prizes

Three man teams will encourage running and gunning, so the scores should be pretty crazy. If I can line up enough donations I'd like to offer a premium player's pack for teams that pre register. If I can make that happen I will post it online. Expect an official flyer to be posted online soon as well as at the courses. If there are any questions please ask, and I can clarify anything necessary.

Derek Haas
dehaas
Ace Poster

Re: Three Man Throwdown Against MS, Oct. 23 Highland, IL

Postby dehaas on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:40 pm

This would be a great excuse to make the travel east and check out the new b placements...
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Derek,
great idea for a great cause...my ad-hoc sister-in-law is doing well with MS at this point, but we need to help.

I have it on my calendar, may not be able to play (and if I play, compete!) but the important part is contributing. I hope it fills fast!

steve hoog
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:50 pm

i've managed to arrange for some pretty sweet donations to be used as ctp and ring of fire prizes, and will probably have a raffle as well. at the moment i've got some gift certificates from discs unlimited and disc nation, disc golf values and paragon disc golf are sending me unknown boxes of schwag, a double nutsac golf bag courtesy of nutsac (these bags run for $75), and a few top pros are donating some signed discs. hopefully between now and then i can line up some more sweet goodies.

i'm still working on lining up the discs for the player's pack, but everybody who plays will get at least a custom tourney stamped disc.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Here is the flyer...
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
_____\
Attachments
3manthrowdown-001 [1024x768].jpg
3manthrowdown-001 [1024x768].jpg (222.1 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:35 am

I've got some extra goodies for at least the first 8 teams to send me their team member info. If I can snag some more items to use I will and more than 8 teams will get a premium players pack. If you know who is going to play on your 3 man team, send me a PM or an email at 3manfundraiser@gmail.com. Obviously this will be first come, first served. If somebody bails at the last minute you can still play as a pair, but just lose the advantage of a third man shooting.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 pm

I have had enough luck getting donations so there will also be a raffle. Prizes to be given away include a double nutsac bag, FADE zombie bag, FADE bag straps, an Avery Jenkins star destroyer signed by Avery, a Dave Wiggins 2010 am worlds champ stamped kc pro roc signed by Dave Wiggins, and a few discs signed by Ken Climo among other things. Raffle tickets will be $5 apiece or 3 for $10.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:08 am

I've got information so far from 13 teams that will be playing. That's a pretty good start to a great turn out.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 am

Disc up,
A team from the LAKERS will be there to help distribute the fun on the course. We will bring some Zanfel poison ivy wash for prizes and a few other goodies (LAKERSwhere? shirt). If there is any other way that we can assist, either in advance or at the event, please, please let us know. My mother has had M.S. most of my life and I have seen my best friend lose his father and brother from this terrible disease as well.
Thank you for stepping up and putting this fundraiser on.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Derek,
I just sent you a PM with entry information. Let me know if you need anything else.

steve hoog
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments