The 2011 River City Flyers Club Championships - Oct 8 & 9

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

The 2011 River City Flyers Club Championships - Oct 8 & 9

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Here is the info...

I am sure that more information will develop as the date draws closer, so please check back ocassionally for updates.

Who's going to beat me in the distance/accuracy contest this year? I could always use another basket...

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: The 2011 River City Flyers Club Championships - Oct 8 &

Postby pjohnmeyer on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Is there going to be a more detailed schedule posted for Saturday at some point? I'm sure that I am not the only one with questions.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Rolling start cards will go out until 2 pm or so. Show up early or show up late. It doesn't matter. What are your questions about the schedule? I am not sure what specifics you are looking for.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Here is some info from the other CC thread:

The Club Championships is just around the corner as we work out the last details. What we do know is that there are two separate events; an end of year tournament on Saturday Oct 8th and a membership drive for the New Year on Sunday Oct 9th.
The Saturday event is free to current full members in good standing. It is one round of singles, 27 holes at Jefferson Barracks Park, rolling start. The Club Ace Pool is still at $500 and participation will cost $2 since there is no entry fee. There will be 9 temp holes set up around the Blackhawk Pavilion. The Ace Pool will
pay out at 100% since there is over $125 in the second Ace Pool. Should the Ace Pool be hit on Saturday, the second Ace Pool will be available on Sunday and pays out at 75%.

This is also the time to run for a position on the board and/or to vote for others who have their name on the ballot for a position. The positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Head of Promotions, Merchandise Manager, Website Moderator/Administrator, Membership Director, and Head Tournament Director.

Copied from email blast

"This year the Club Championships is free to play on Saturday, October 8th. Saturday is the end of the year event and we’d like to have everyone in town come out to play. There will be one round, rolling start, of 27 holes at Jefferson Barracks (temp 9 holes added) and optional side games, CTPs, free beer, food – not free, etc. As always the CC is a tag shuffle event and you must be a 2011 member to play. That is, you must bring a tag or buy one that day to play. If you have not joined for 2011, the tournament cost is $20 (price of membership).

Sunday, October 9th starts the 2012 year and it will be 2 rounds, shotgun start, of 18 holes at Sioux Passage (temp 18 added) with optional side games, CTPs, free beer, food – not free, etc. The cost is $25 and includes the tournament, 2012 membership and a disc. Both events are for bragging rights to determine the tags you end with and start with. We are ordering 200+ shirts with the RCF Logo and offering them at cost to those who rejoin that weekend.

The Club Championships is also when you elect the New Officers to run the club for the next year. Now is the time to start thinking of whether you want to run for a position. The positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Head of Promotions, Merchandise Manager, Website Moderator/Administrator, Membership Director, Head Tournament Director, and Course Captain (JB, SP, CC, and EN). PS. I will not be seeking another term as President."
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby pjohnmeyer on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 am

discdoh wrote:What are your questions about the schedule? I am not sure what specifics you are looking for.

You answered one by posting the last card time.

I'm mainly interested in rough times for the "after" events. Are they after all cards are in, or are they more throughout the day? If I show up late and play my round, am I going to miss anything else that I might want to participate in? Or, for that matter, if I show up early and play am I going to be twiddling my thumbs if I stay at the park?

I'm not necessarily looking for specific times, just would like to know what to expect.
pjohnmeyer
Par Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

a few questions: does anyone know, or has it been determined, what pin placements will be used on the 'big course' @ sioux passage?

will the temp course holes @ sioux be roughly the same as they were last year?

and, i asked this in the other club champs thread but it didn't get answered- what custom stamped discs will be available to choose from/included with our 2012 membership?

thanks.
ted spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby mkane on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 am

Teddy :oops: ,
OK you says ya need some answears do ye!

1. Sioux Passage Layout - Temp will be very much the same Layout / The Big Course not sure yet, I will let you know. Now that I think about it, I think I remember Francis and I discussing some new layout using the land away from the road. I will find out sometime today, check the post tonight.

2. The Custom Club Championship Discs questions, well Iv'e thoze answears for ye!

This year Discraft was given the nod, and named Supplier of the Year and was given the nod to produce the Custom "oh and I mean Custom" Club Championship Disc for the first 250 new members to get their 2012 Membership.

The discs for this year are:
35 - Z-Buzzz
30 - Z-Buzzz Eric McCabe SS
25 - Z-Nuke
25 - Cryztal Avenger - SS
40 - CryZtal Challenger
50 - CryZtal Buzzz
40 - CryZtal Stalker

I will start another thread for you to make your requests on what disc do you want.

Also Fear Not about all that Cool Innova CFR Plastic, It is coming in the Form of Fundraisers for the Benches At Sioux Passage.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Monday - just 5 days till the Club Championships weekend -

Did you know......

Elections are this weekend a new board will be born!

All of the club inventory will be available - remember if you are a member take 2 dollars off the price on the sticker. I just maxed out all the inventory, so you should find what you are looking for.

Apparrel bonanza is coming - Dry-fit o mainia - members you can't beat this price. Make sure you order at least 2 or 3 now!!!!

Sioux Passage - Pin placements coming soon....check in each day for something new!!
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:00 am

Its Wednesday!
Just 3 more days until the Club Championships weekend,

Custom discs requests are coming in nicely on the other thread, or wherever you guys hide them I will find them, Ray. :lol:

Latest update is coming from the Sioux Passage Camp they have reqested "The hanging basket" 8-) !!

The layout comes complete with even a 420 Foot hole :mrgreen:

Course Captain and designer has made the fence behind the HANGING BASKET as OUT OF BOUNDS :!:

And the layout is:
Hole #1 240..#2 - 216 #3 - 390..#4 - 258.. #5 - 342 ..#6-270

#7 - 240..#8 - 324..#9 - 264..#10 - 285..#11 - 258..#12 - 300

#13 - 210..#14 - 435..#15 - 420..#16 - 252..#17 - 264..#18 - 540

Perhaps Mr. Dude could let us know how the JB Course will be laid out when he gets a chance :idea: .

Stay tuned the Sioux big course info should arrive some time today.
If you have an awesome basket please post here or let Chris Kinsella know you are bringing one.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Here is the layout for JB on Saturday. 19-27 are the temp holes. The new MANDO will be in effect for Hole 18. There will be a DROP ZONE if you miss the MANDO on your drive. Holes 8, 17, and 18 all play as a par 4, so the permanent 18 will play as a par 57, and all 27 holes will play as a par 84. Should be a ton of fun!

Everyone should bring some extra cash, as the disc selection is at an all time high and there will be a slew of dri-fit apparel available to all club members for the Club Championships weekend at COST! Trust me, you will want some!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments