2011/2012 Club Championships

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

2011/2012 Club Championships

Postby Chris K on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:59 pm

The Club Championships is just around the corner as we work out the last details. What we do know is that there are two separate events; an end of year tournament on Saturday Oct 8th and a membership drive for the New Year on Sunday Oct 9th.
The Saturday event is free to current full members in good standing. It is one round of singles, 27 holes at Jefferson Barracks Park, rolling start. The Club Ace Pool is still at $500 and participation will cost $2 since there is no entry fee. There will be 9 temp holes set up around the Blackhawk Pavilion. The Ace Pool will
pay out at 100% since there is over $125 in the second Ace Pool. Should the Ace Pool be hit on Saturday, the second Ace Pool will be available on Sunday and pays out at 75%.

This is also the time to run for a position on the board and/or to vote for others who have their name on the ballot for a position. The positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Head of Promotions, Merchandise Manager, Website Moderator/Administrator, Membership Director, and Head Tournament Director.

Copied from email blast

"This year the Club Championships is free to play on Saturday, October 8th. Saturday is the end of the year event and we’d like to have everyone in town come out to play. There will be one round, rolling start, of 27 holes at Jefferson Barracks (temp 9 holes added) and optional side games, CTPs, free beer, food – not free, etc. As always the CC is a tag shuffle event and you must be a 2011 member to play. That is, you must bring a tag or buy one that day to play. If you have not joined for 2011, the tournament cost is $20 (price of membership).

Sunday, October 9th starts the 2012 year and it will be 2 rounds, shotgun start, of 18 holes at Sioux Passage (temp 18 added) with optional side games, CTPs, free beer, food – not free, etc. The cost is $25 and includes the tournament, 2012 membership and a disc. Both events are for bragging rights to determine the tags you end with and start with. We are ordering 200+ shirts with the RCF Logo and offering them at cost to those who rejoin that weekend.

The Club Championships is also when you elect the New Officers to run the club for the next year. Now is the time to start thinking of whether you want to run for a position. The positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Head of Promotions, Merchandise Manager, Website Moderator/Administrator, Membership Director, Head Tournament Director, and Course Captain (JB, SP, CC, and EN). PS. I will not be seeking another term as President."
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: 2012 Club Championships

Postby Chris K on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm

You may use this forum to submit your name for a position as well as a statement of your strengths, talents, desires, commitment, and prior history. "Why you should vote for me because this is what I bring to the table."
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: 2011/2012 Club Championships

Postby Chris K on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 pm

This event is now live at the Proshop.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/proshop/
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Reminder to all that the Club Championships is when we elect our next administration of board members. Please consider joining the board and help steer the club in 2012.
The positions available are President, Vice President (Head Tournament Director), Secretary (Website Moderator), Treasurer, Merchandise Manager, Promotions Director, and Membership Manager. The more people who volunteer their time and talent, the easier it is to operate the club.
I am stepping down as President after two years of service. I will be available to coach the incoming board as needed.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 pm

is the 2012 membership disc a club stamped gateway putter of our choice, or, like last year, an innova CFR/tourney stamped disc, or something else entirely?

thanks
ted spies
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby discdoh on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:05 pm

The initial batch of discs will be Innova Champion and Discraft Elite Z stock. I believe we are going to have 200 or 300 initial discs available. They will have a custom Club Championship stamp. After those run out, we will be ordering Gateway putters with a custom River City Flyers stamp. Hope this helps...
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm

thanks for the quick response...a follow up question: what innova and discraft discs are being ordered, and are players 'reserving' their preferred disc/weight in advance of the championships, like we did last year?

ted
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Chris K on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:26 am

This is a reminder asking our members to step up and help the St Louis Disc Golf Club this coming year. Our fiscal calendar begins October 9th at the Club Championships. The first board meeting will be within a week or so after the ballots are tallied. The deadline for declaring your candidacy for a position is next Friday. This will give us time to prepare and print the ballots. There will be space on the ballots for 'write in' votes however, last minute suggestions rarely carry the position. It also doesn't speak too highly of your commitment to the board or the members.
The positions and (as of yet, uncontested) candidates are as follows;
President - Dave West (currently Treasurer)
Vice President - Tim Wiegard (currently QR CC)
Treasurer -
Secretary - Steve Hoog (currently interim Secretary)
Merchandise - Bradley Stone (currently enthusiastic discgolfer)
Promotions - Greg Dohogne (currently Promotions)
Membership -
Website Moderator/Administrator - filled by Secretary unless someone steps up -
Head Tournament Director - filled by VP unless someone steps up -
Consultant - Chris Kinsella (currently President)
Course Captains - (currently - Mark Dudenhoeffer - JB; Ben Hart - CC; Tim Finan - EN; Francis Albanese - SP;) these positions are typically appointed but if you have an interest in becoming a Course Captain, please let us know

Absentee ballots may be sent to rcfdiscgolf@gmail.com and will be tallied Monday Oct 10th.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 pm

DFL will be there. Dave West "Awesome". Cyrstal Buzzz is good for me.
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby xlforlife on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Tom williams will be there esp buzzz. Saturday and sunday
JESUS TAUGHT ME HOW TO PUTT

2011 TAG 6

C.A.B.#31
ANT#4 2009
ANT#2 2010

If you aint first your last