Bluebird Tournament Series

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Bluebird Tournament Series

Postby mkane on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:20 am

We have final confirmation and let the race to the state championship begin. St. Louisians UNITE. They think they have the best players but we do not think we know we have the best players. It is time to show-me what you have!

The bluebird series divides the state of Missouri into 4 regions, and each of those regions has established a tourney series that will allow every player in the state to have a shot at being the state of Missouri Champion.

The flyer will be up soon, and I will fill you in soon.
mkane
Ace Poster

Re: Bluebird Tournament Series

Postby magic on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 am

The flyer has been posted under the Events tab for a few days now. I have to question the scheduling though. The event at West City Park is the same day as the Triple Crown. The Regional Championship at QR is the same day as a glow tournament at QR I run for the parks dept. And the Tournament of Champions is the same day as the RCF Club Championships. I realize running a statewide tournament that was scheduled at the last minute can't fit into everyone's schedule...ah, nevermind...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Here is the tournament flyer that was sent to me this morning. I cross checked with the events tab, and Andy is right. There seems to be a lot of double-booking, 2 event conflicts, and Championship Weekend snafus going on here. Mark, do you have any input?

_________
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 am

The other events have been rescheduled, On my way to the Crusade right now but will elaborate after todays club event. The Crusade.
I will say the flyer looks great, the earlier flyer did not have our key sponsor Gateway on it so I sent it back to be retooled.
It really puts goose bumps on me to see such a cooperative effort by all three of the clubs, working together unselfishly to make this happen.
Stay tuned, tune up your game, who will be singing that tune? Our region will be...."We are the Champions.....of the State....in every divsion.....in the Disc Golf World..... :lol:
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Is this the final flier and confirmed dates? I'd like to start planning for these events.

I wonder why Quail was chose twice when we have other courses?
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Fri May 06, 2011 11:07 am

Welcome to the Bluebird Series:

It is here; it is time to take off the gloves, blinders and all the other excuses in your bag and get on out here and play.
The Missouri Parks and Recreation Association (MRPA) is the main sponsor of this series. The JC Sharpshooters, The St. Charles Disc Golf Club and The St. Louis Disc Golf Club are volunteering to help run these events, coordinate payouts and insure the courses are in fine condition for this series.
This simply means that your local clubs have a stake in disc golf for both Pros and AMs.
If I can communicate this further, it is a concerted effort by all clubs to bring a competitive atmosphere to a state sponsored event. The turnout here can influence our goal to insure Disc Golf will be a new line item for the 2012-2016 Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP). That is our number one goal. Why? Because items that are related to the SCORP become visible to parks planners and administrators that can compare costs of activities that cost thousands of dollars and have diminishing interests such as basketball and tennis courts or baseball fields/fences and golf courses. The costs of those activities run into the thousands of dollars to initiate and then additional costs to maintain. We are striving to identify and display the minimal costs required to install a quality disc golf course and bring people to their parks when compared to the other activities listed above.
Therefore, I am simply letting you know the future of disc golf is in your hands, Pros you have been asking for a vehicle to develop more pros, well here it is, I am playing Pro, so I won’t mind representing our region. Ams this is your chance to see where you stand vs. the other players in the state.
Pros I am letting you know, 4-6 tourneys, the more of you who play, the more the cash payout will pay out. Ams these are your clubs who are putting this on for you, the price of gas is high, the price of this tourney is low.
So come out tomorrow, registration starts at 8:30 am, Tee off at 10 am
15 dollar buy in
20 bucks Pros per tourney
15 bucks for AMS
10 bucks Recreational
5 bucks for Novices and Juniors
Let us fill this course up.

Thanks
Mark
VP RCF
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

To hopefully make it easier to understand, most parks departments don't do their own park master plans. There are places that cities hire to complete master plan studies, and these places use the SCORP to figure out what the community needs. For example, the SCORP says you need one ball field for every 1,500 people. If you have a town of 15,000 and on have five ball fields, they are going to identify ball fields as a need and recommend ball fields in your future park plans.

Right now disc golf does not appear on the SCORP, so when the suits complete the master plans for parks they don't identify disc golf courses as a need and don't present park plans that include disc golf courses. When the suits came to Hazelwood to do our master plan update, I had to take them out back and show them what a disc golf course looked like. Since we already had one they had to include it in our report and had no idea what to do with it.

If disc golf can appear viable and is included in the SCORP, the suits will include disc golf courses in park master plans. That would be huge. Right now we go to parks departments and ask them to reassign land designated as open space or something like that so we can cram a disc golf course in. How cool would it be to ask about putting in a course and find out that the land is already set aside and it's in the five or ten year plan? That makes things much easier.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 am

Any results? Heard there was ALOT of sandbagging goin on?
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby Scooter on Sun May 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Alot of talk about sandbagging eh? People just might have had a decent round ever think bout that? :o
JCS# 42
RCF# 221
Cuvvy# 28
Chain Gang# 63
Centralia# 14
Scooter
Bogey Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sun May 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Just noticed a typo but I'm not sure which is correct.

On this thread it says Sep.10th at Quail.
Here: http://www.desperesmo.org/index.aspx?NID=835 it says Sep.18th.

You tell me.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Next

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments