2011 St. Louis Open - April 30th & May 1st

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 2011 St. Louis Open - April 30th & May 1st

Postby Chris K on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:36 pm

The Pros are finishing at Creve Coeur this year to give us time to take care of the Ams and reduce the waiting around that the Pros often do.
This will allow the other Pools time to get back to Endicott and meet the top Pros. Even though they start an hour earlier on Sunday, the Am pools are larger and play slower than the Pros. Hopefully we will complete the tournament and awards, then have the exhibition or possible skins game for anyone who wanted to stay. Forcing players to hang out and wait for payout seems anticlimactic and deflates the experience of an otherwise fun tournament.
FYI, note that Tee Off on Sunday is 9am for pools B, C, and D.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:59 pm

We have a number of travelers playing this weekend and you all know how saving money leaves a positive lasting impression. There are a number of requests for lodging or floor space to put a bed roll. If anyone has room to put someone up this weekend please let us know by either posting here or sending me an email. I have 4 or 6 staying at my house and Dave Mac says he has 10 at his place. Your generosity will be remembered and quite possibly reciprocated.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:37 am

If you are wondering what the heck happened to M. Kane, i am alive and kickin it. What i found was that Red is quite irreplaceable!
I have been hard at work making sure our members and tourney players receive and have at pay out an ample selection of merch to choose from.
Rest assured there are 150 players packs that will be available. Only 125 shirts though, so if you missed the boat on that, so sorry.
As for the rest of the pack, DUDE!
INNOVA - This year we will feature the Echo Drivers; Boss, Destroyer, Katana & Wraith
DISCRAFT - This year we will feature the Discraft Line, Nuke, Surge, Avenger, Buzz; SS, ESP, Elite X, Comet, Wasp, Challenger.
Crystal will be availale also.
GATEWAY - Picking up tomorrow, sure to be excellent too.
Clipboard - Every year we try to insert something you can remember us by, this we hope you will enjoy.
Coolie - The RCF original it is about time,
Mini - each pack will have one.
Church Key - Provided by Schlafly until runs out
Carabiner - aw yeah. until runs out
Hand outs for Zanfel - What the hell is Zanfel, well when the time comes you will be glad they are our new sponsor.
And probably more stuff.
The Program - Filled full of tourney info, this Gem and Merch is where I have been, it is all coming together, Way to go St. Louis You Rock
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby DISC N TWEEK on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:23 am

Good stuff mark keep up the good work. And for what its worth Red will be missed he did a killer job.
DISC N TWEEK
Par Poster

Postby xlforlife on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Is there gonna be a final nine for the advanced group?
JESUS TAUGHT ME HOW TO PUTT

2011 TAG 6

C.A.B.#31
ANT#4 2009
ANT#2 2010

If you aint first your last
xlforlife
Par Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm

We are working on a new Final 9 format that will have no bearing on the final standings. After 4 rounds, your tournament is complete. The Final 9 is still being hammered out, but I think EVERYONE will want to have a chance at this one...and you will!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Sac on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 am

I am still too green to play in a tournament like this, but I would love to bring my 6 yr old son to see the pros play a couple of holes if that wouldn't be out of line. I know the really big tournaments have spectators following the pros, is it weird to follow them around at smaller tournaments? After my son watched Nikko win the 2009 USDGC Championship on video, he became an instant fan.

So here are my questions:
Would it be weird to follow Nikko's card around for a few holes?
Would it be out of line to ask for an autograph or two? Maybe a picture of my son and Nikko's card?
I'm not sure what day will work out best for us, so where and what time would be the best on Saturday and Sunday?

I have taught my son proper golf etiquette, so I don't foresee him causing any problem with noise or anything (of course I'll remind him before we get there).

Thanks!
Sac
Bogey Poster

Postby mkane on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 am

Golf as a spectator sport is a wonderful experience for you and your son/daughter. Please be encouraged to follow Nikko or any of the other players. Autographs should be a timing thing, before a round is more of a prep time for the player, I would suggest post round, for sigs and photos.
Be sure to take in some of the great shots
Sioux Passage - Hole 13 you could sit there and be amazed.
Sioux Passage hole 2 & 6 another wowser.
Enidcott hole 5 Ace run waitin to happen, Hole 14 grandstand seating.
Creve - Probably the best course to see pure throws.
When you spectate be sure to get some views from behind the tee, but also find a spot by a basket.
Any way you do it you will have fun, when this many golfers come together alot can happen.
enjoy and come on out.
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 am

The pools are shaping up as;
A) Pros and all Women (6) - 34
B) Advanced Men - 59 (13 spots left)
C) Intermediate Men - 39
D) Rec, Novice, Masters, Grands, Seniors - 47
Total players so far - 179

There are a few players whose Pdga is not current and you must be current to play. Recent renewals will not show up as current so please forward your confirmation email to crkinsella@att.net or print it and bring with you to check in.
Friday signups are considered late if you are not on the list.
If you are on the list and have not paid, please pay by Friday to avoid a late fee. Any payments on Saturday (even if you are on the list) will have a late fee.
I will be at Endicott on Friday until 6:30p.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

These players show as not current that I do not have confirmation for;
Roger Reyes
Ray Vuichard
Carl Nichols III
Mark Flinn-Eastwood
Brantly Morgan
Jamie Bressman
Joe Bryson