2011 St. Louis Open - April 30th & May 1st

Info and Discussion on STLDGC and other St. Louis-area Events

Re: 2011 St. Louis Open - April 30th & May 1st

Postby REDARMY on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 am

REDARMY wrote:any word on td's for courses yet?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: Feed back on the condition of the STL Open courses

Postby rondisc on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Whom lost trees, baskets, this storm was not good. Definitely some work needed in the next week. Where is the volunteers needed :?: Endicott, SP, RS, CC where?????
This is not going to get easier this next week. Please respond and maybe some of the 500 members can show what STL has to offer in the next week :?:
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

2011 St. Louis Open - April 30th & May 1st

Postby emptv on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Disc Up,
I can give time after work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at CC, SP, Endi easily enough. Work ends @ 4:30 pm. Alton can be reached but I will be leaving from 270 & Olive. LAKERS are scheduled for SP on Tuesday, that would be a great time for the LAKERS to do a cleanup of Sioux. Let me know where the need for my help can be of the most use and what implements of destruction I will need to bring. Stiff rake, gloves, pick axe, dynomite, or a 20 mule team. :evil: :twisted:
This is a setback yes, but nothing that we cannot overcome with co-ordinated teamwork. Course captians, it will be your responsibility to prioritize the issues that the ground crews (like myself) should go to do the most efficient work. Let me know where and I will do my best to go. Of course, any cleanup work will have to have a meeting stressing safety because with the LAKERS safety is paramount. :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:24 pm

From what I have gathered, Endi and Creve should be no worse for the wear. I have not heard any updates from Sioux and Rock Springs, though. Chris K. went and checked out Endi first hand today. He said there was not any major damage to the course, but that there was a substantial amount of standing water. I guess this is to be expected, even with all of the drainage improvements that have been installed. All we can do is hope that the rain goes away before the weekend and the course has a chance to dry up some. I would imagine that Creve is in the same boat, no pun intended. I played in the Wednesday legue this past week and there already was a decent amount of standing water to deal with. With that said, standing water is not the end of the world. Wear some water proof foot gear or bring a bunch of extra socks and shoes. With any luck the weather will hopefully cooperate with us for the weekend, and that would be a major blessing! The long term forecast looks good so far, so keep the fingers crossed!

If the Lakers are playing Sioux on Tuesday, I have no fear that the course will look great fot the tourney...as long as it didn't tear the roof off the mother sucker!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Went to Rock Spring in Alton Sat., & the course was just fine........no damage whatsoever........
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 am

This is good stuff, be thankful. Now back to regular scheduled programming.
Peace and Happy Easter
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I received a call from Mark Zolman that there was some bigger limbs down on the course at creve. I went out there Saturday and moved them. Morgan Joe and I should have everything ready to go.

Thanks, Ben
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:19 pm

sioux is fine.

i was just there yesterday and aside from the normal small limb debris, nothing unusual to report.

there are no scorecards in the box and all the pin positions in the kiosk are wrong though...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

I wonder if the course assignments are 100%? I think it would be safe to assume yes...but I am not convinced yet.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Chris K wrote:The pools will be the same as last year but we are weighing whether to combine Pros with Adv Masters and Grandmasters or with All Women Divisions or with B pool. The final pool assignments will be finalized by Monday. Hopefully we will have a better understanding of the numbers.

-------------------------------------------Sat --------------------------------- Sun

A) Open and Pros 72 – Sioux Passage / Rock Spring -------- Endicott / Creve Coeur

B) Advanced Men 72 – Rock Spring / Sioux Passage ------- Creve Coeur / Endicott

C) Intermediate Men 72 – Creve Coeur / Endicott ------- Sioux Passage / Rock Spring

D) All Other Divisions 72 – Endicott / Creve Coeur ------- Rock Spring / Sioux Passage

BTW, Advanced Men means MA1 only.

The pool assignments have been tweaked and are listed below;
Last year we had 190 players in 4 pools; A) 36, B) 47, C) 46, D) 61.
Our current registration is 154; A) 23, B) 52, C) 35, D) 44.

-------------------------------------------Sat --------------------------------- Sun

A) Open, Pros, and all Women’s Divisions 72 – Sioux Passage / Rock Spring -------- Endicott / Creve Coeur CURRENTLY 23

B) Advanced Men 72 – Rock Spring / Sioux Passage ------- Creve Coeur / Endicott CURRENTLY 52

C) Intermediate Men 72 – Creve Coeur / Endicott ------- Sioux Passage / Rock Spring CURRENTLY 35

D) Adv Masters, Grandmasters, Seniors, Rec, and Novice 72 – Endicott / Creve Coeur ------- Rock Spring / Sioux Passage CURRENTLY 44
Chris K
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to STLDGC & Area Tournaments