Rock Springs Park Alton Il

Alton, IL

Re: Rock Springs Park Alton Il

Postby GALLOW1217 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Vallid point for the anhyser into the road as well. Oh well, good luck.
GALLOW1217
Bogey Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 am

Ok, I'm going to play this bad boy today. Last time I played was Decemberish and there was a permafrost ground to deal with. No way you could do a run up pretty much. I do love the land and layout. I'll post my 2 cents worth after I play it a few times today. See ya...
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 am

Fun day yesterday. I shot a 64 and then a 59. The first time I played in December I didn't play from the tee marker in front of the tee sign. I ended up playing by the sign. This makes a big difference on some of the holes. John Lloyd was the only one who knew where the long tees are. We didn't do them. Every hole is "fair". By this I mean there is a fairway, not a luckway.

If you can keep away from the 5's and more you can score out here.

The whole time we were out there, we only say two other players. This course flat out rocks...

See ya..
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby GALLOW1217 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

I AGREE, THIS COURSE DOES FLAT OUT ROCK. COME TRY IT AT THE 1ST ANNUAL MIKE BEMIS DISC GOLF CLASSIC ON MAY 9TH. THANK YOU.
GALLOW1217
Bogey Poster

Postby sharkbite on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Well it looks like they got a little sloppy with some heavy equ on hole 3 and bent the bucket, they cleared out ALL the brush and large stump making a pretty large landing area below the basket. Sucks they bent the bucket
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left"
sharkbite
Bogey Poster

MANDOS and OB

Postby sharkbite on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Mandos and OB needs to be spelled out for this course so we all can play it the way it will be play in a tourney. Here are my questions:

1. Hole 2, is the trail OB?

2. Hole 3 is reported as having a mando that keeps you from throwing over the road. What tree or marker do we have to stay with in?

3. Does hole 3 long have the same mando? If you have to throw hard left around the first tree from the longs it really just make for a stupid hole, because you'll just go it the round anyway trying to flip your shot.

4. Does hole 3 have a drop if you miss the mando?

5. Is the trail OB on 6 if you role down the hill?

6. Is across the creek (not in) on 10 and 11 OB?

7. Does hole 18 have any mandos, if so which trees or markers are you using?

I know I've asked this before, but I just want concrete answers for the tourney coming up. I personally think a mando on 3 is bad because with a turn over you can hit the side of a car with no warning, if you go over the road at least they can see it coming. The trails I would expect to be OB, over the creek can go either way, depending on if you want to keep play moving. Finally 18 I just want to ask before someone says, hay you can't do that. I'll post this in the tourney post to. Still looking for the Blue Illusion on 12
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left"
sharkbite
Bogey Poster

Postby JLIGON on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:03 am

Hole 2 only if you on the path are you OB because we throw across the path to start on red.

Hole 3 the sign is not made yet but the mando is from the long tee. It is to the left of the leaning tree to the right of the tee.

Hole 6 the path is OB if you are on or over the path.

Holes 10 and 11 it is only OB if you are in the water.

Hole 18 has no mando's.

Jeff L
JLIGON
Par Poster

Postby GALLOW1217 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 pm

PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS. WARNING TICKETS WERE ISSUED LAST WEEK.
GALLOW1217
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 am

GALLOW1217 wrote:PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS. WARNING TICKETS WERE ISSUED LAST WEEK.

i was privy to viewing some of those orange tickets this weekend when i met the wisconsin guys :!: (i didn't get one on my black honda)

i guess my question is: is parking by the pavillion acceptable as long as one is not on the grass? but whats the threshhold? 2 wheels or 4 wheels on the grass?

sorry to be (so specific), but what's the leeway?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 am

the first time i played the course and didn't know the hole layout i parked at the lot to the right of hole 2's fairway. it's not too bad of a walk to the tee for hole 1, but if people are playing you may have to cross through a bit of traffic or wait a bit. i'd imagine that's probably the preferred parking area for a tournament or whatever, because you'd probably be lucky to get 10 cars parked near the pavilion without it becoming a total cluster.
dehaas
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Rock Springs Park