Ok, I approached my last post wrong because I was a little frustrated. I should have said somthingh like this:
I believe a weekday league would be better for these reasons:
1. Tournaments are held on weekends, meaning people are out of town.
2. If have a league in the middle of a Sat for two rounds, you've lost your whole day
3. People have families and have to do baseball, soccer, & whatever, all of which are on weekends
4. You'll have a more consistent turn out from good golfers on the weekday
5, Good golfers are looking for some competition & practice during the week to get ready for there tournament on the weekend.
6. Money talks, and that is what will draw golfers, cold hard cash. Not plastic which most of us have to much of anyways.
7. It's cooler weather in the evening vs the middle of the day on a Sat.
The long and short of it, I really believe there will be a better turn out if it is held during the week vs the middle of the day on Sat. I guess there always can be two leagues though, I just thought being this is a new course we could get some feed back from other golfers on what works best for them. I live 5 min away and I'm ready to dive in with both feet on this course but you guys have to be open to suggestions and let people help. I don't care if it's about mandos, leagues, alt pin placement, whatever.
Lets make this course a role model for others and somthing Alton can be proud of. I've played over 100 different courses all over the US, made baskets, promoted disc golf in every way I know how and think I can help.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left"