Silver Lake Park Highland, IL

Highland, IL

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am

Disc Up,
Copied from Gateways site:
New 18 hole Course in Highland, Illinois

Tonight Justin and I were out in Highland Illinois ( about 40 minutes from our shop) working on our latest course design and installation project.

This 18 hole course is situated around Silver lake , with lots of challenging holes in a beautiful park-like setting.

Justin compared the front 9 to a less hilly JB and said the back 9 has a Centralia like feel on a few of the holes. The lake comes into play on holes 1,3,7, 10, 11 ands 12,,,it should be a lot of fun to play ! :0

The course is about 90% designed and installation is expected to begin around the 16th. Hopefully the course will be ready for the public by Thanks Giving.

Anybody else know anything about this, and if so share all of this great information.

8-)
Last edited by emptv on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: New 18 hole course in the greater Saint Louis area

Postby REDARMY on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:43 am

there's a thread somewhere else on the site already going, but that doesn't have any more info than what you just quoted.

EDIT: which i guess you already know, since it was you and i talking in said referenced thread :oops:

i, however, plan to be out there in 16 days one way or the other...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby nick03 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm

i belive the highland course is one of the best i have played altogether the setting is beautiful and the holes are challenging mixed in with fun, shot well today out there. i have some pics (sorry iphone4 pics and sunny)
nick03
Bogey Poster

Postby Batman2008 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I have played this course twice ans since i live in Troy IL this was awesome that they added it. now i get to go to woodland and Highland any day of the week and its only 10 or 5 miles either way
Batman2008
Bogey Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am

Disc up,
Sunday April 10, 2011 there will be team match disc golf rounds going on starting at 9am. Teams to be determined depending on the number of players that show up. There is no cost to play, but side bets/ace pool/ ect. are encouraged. Feel free to take the ride and show up or call a LAKER, Chain Gang, or Centrailia club member for ride/information. Directions can be found on the "ANNOUNCEMENTS" tab.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Silver Lake Park Highland, IL

Postby REDARMY on Sun May 29, 2011 10:29 am

unconfirmed reports state that this course has been closed temporarily.

anyone got more info?

(and while were at it, maybe get this course its own sub-forum here in the courses section?)
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 am

I haven't heard anything about it being closed, but I haven't been out there in probably 2 weeks. A few months ago I went out to play and the access road was blocked off...I think they had patched some pot holes and had the contruction saw horses across the road.

I know some of the Chain Gang members were planning on going out there this past Monday to see if there was any maintenance needing to be done before the tournament out there in 2 weeks. I'll try to get a hold of Jeff or Don to see what they have heard.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Disc Up Dave,
What tournament in two weeks? The Traveling LAKERS would love to go but we need some information, date, cost, & time.
Thanks.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I have heard unconfirmed reports that an endangered migratory bird has nested somewhere in/around the disc golf course and that the course is temporarily closed. I guess the course would remain closed until the birds take flight again and leave the area. This also sounds like it has the possibility of being an annual problem (migratory birds tend to use the same flight paths, correct?). Once again, I heard this info 2nd hand from Roger, and he wasn't 100% positive either. Hmmm....
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:51 pm

discdoh wrote:I have heard unconfirmed reports that an endangered migratory bird has nested somewhere in/around the disc golf course and that the course is temporarily closed. I guess the course would remain closed until the birds take flight again and leave the area. This also sounds like it has the possibility of being an annual problem (migratory birds tend to use the same flight paths, correct?). Once again, I heard this info 2nd hand from Roger, and he wasn't 100% positive either. Hmmm....

same jazz i posted in another thread (lets shoot the damn birds and cook 'em!). if i remember, i'll try to give the gateway shop a shout tomorrow and see if i can catch Dave and confirm any of this...

(my uneducated guess is holes 1-7-8-10-11 are some of the ones affected as they are the closest to the lakes...)
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Silver Lake Park