Collegiate Disc Golf

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Collegiate Disc Golf

Postby discfiend on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Ryan Black. I am from St. Louis and have been playing in the STL tournaments for the past three years. I go to the University of Arkansas. I founded a disc club at my school and last year we took 2nd at the Collegiate National Championships. I have also been appointed the Midwest Regional Coordiator for the Collegiate Disc Golf League. My job is to help get disc golf clubs at other colleges started and to help organize tournaments. Anyone who is in college and is interested in starting a club at their school should post on this topic or email me at discgolf@uark.edu. Collegiate disc golf is growing faster than any other collegiate sport. Missouri has no colleges with a disc golf club or team. However Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, and many other schools in the midwest do.

Lets make collegiate disc golf grow, so that disc golf can be a more legitimate sport. Last year the number of teams double from 9 to 18. Next year their hoping to get 50+. Its easy to attend. The cost is only $10 per person and you can most likely get your school to pay for the majority of travel expenses.

I plan on organizing a 3 or four school disc golf tournament in St. Louis sometime this schoolyear. Let me know if you have any ideas.
discfiend
Bogey Poster

Re: Collegiate Disc Golf

Postby discdork on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 am

transfer to mizzou :lol: no in all seriousness great job keep up the good work
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Good work!!!

I'm glad there's people like you out there trying to get disc golf at that next level, if I was in college I'd help as much as possible. Instead, I will spread the word to fellow golfers.... :D
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby scorekeeper on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Ryan , My name is Francis Albanese and I will help you in anyway possible fpalbanese@yahoo.com :D PEACE
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2010 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # 4
Jeff. city #24
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Postby jmckee1147 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:42 am

Ryan,

My name is Joe McKee, I have been running a league in Festus and I attend Jefferson College and would love to get the college involved. What is the first step? Figuring it is to talk to the school director or someone in charge of the sports division. My cell 314-276-5112, or email jmckee1147@gmail.com
Make common sense common again
jmckee1147
Par Poster

Postby f-b-i- on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey Ryan I have 2 high school boys that play disc golf. Could you send me any info
you have about collegiate disc golf .What schools have it ect. I know now that you can get a scholarship
playing disc golf.Or if anybody know some info please post. My # 314 532 0747 thanks.
Rog
f-b-i-
Bogey Poster

Postby Taylor Johnson on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:47 pm

I currently attend saint Louis community college, I will join if you guys are able scrape up a club!
Taylor Johnson
Bogey Poster

Return to General DG Talk