Disc Golf On Local Radio Show

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Disc Golf On Local Radio Show

Postby bobosun on Mon May 04, 2009 7:55 am

Monday May 4th at about 8:30 p.m. There will be a radio spot about disc golf on the John Carney show. It is supposed to be about 20 minutes long. Hazelwood set this up as a promotion for the 30th anniversary this Sarturday.

If you have anything that might be interesting or funny that can be included in the program post it here.

I'm sure we'll get in the St. Louis Open, Ice Bowl, Origins, Courses, Top Local Players(Nilkko), Leagues, River City Flyers.

Wish Me Luck!!!!!!!! ;)
Last edited by bobosun on Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Re: Disc Golf On Local Radio Show

Postby bobosun on Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am

I don't know if there will be any time for ROBO stories, that would take up the whole show!!!!!!
RCF 16
JCS 3
ANT 1
PDGA 2077
beadless
bobosun
Bogey Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 am

Are you planning to tell them the story about the fox stealing your whiffleball? :roll:
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Mon May 04, 2009 11:01 am

bobosun wrote:Monday May 4th at about 8:30 p.m. There will be a radio spot about disc golf on the John Carney show. It is supposed to be about 20 minutes long. Hazelwood set this up as a promotion for the 30th anniversary this Sarturday.

If you have anything that might be interesting or funny that can be included in the program post it here.

I'm sure we'll get in the St. Louis Open, Ice Bowl, Origins, Courses, Top Local Players(Nilkko), Leagues, River City Flyers.

Wish Me Luck!!!!!!!! ;)

What station is it on?
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am

I think the story that summed up disc golf in St. Louis for me was the flood. In '93 there were two courses, and the one in Creve Coeur was basically gutted by the '93 flood. Instead of letting this hold the sport back, people used it as a rallying point to push forward. Within a year of the flood Sioux Passage and JB were in the ground. A little more than two years after the flood we had gone from two local courses to seven. There were some key people in that effort like you, Ray, Jerry Bayse and Billy Downs who did a lot of that work and don't get a lot of credit. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other folks as well.

Anyway, it would have been really easy in '93 to throw up your hands and go back to White Birch. Instead, the Club accepted the challenge and laid the foundations for the growth of the sport all across the area. I think that was pretty much the defining moment in the story of disc golf in St. Louis.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm

forehand wrote:
bobosun wrote:Monday May 4th at about 8:30 p.m. There will be a radio spot about disc golf on the John Carney show. It is supposed to be about 20 minutes long. Hazelwood set this up as a promotion for the 30th anniversary this Sarturday.

Wish Me Luck!!!!!!!! ;)

What station is it on?

It looks like Bob forgot to mention that! I'm pretty sure it is KMOX-1120 AM.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Well I caught most of the show & it went pretty well. Perhaps except the fact that our web site here was mentioned & a LOT OF PEOPLE including Bob himself can't even get on it right now!! :oops:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Return to General DG Talk