???? (how do you decide what tourneys to play)

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Re: ???? (how do you decide what tourneys to play)

Postby KyleBreuer on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 am

Like a lot of people have already stated, it depends on your personal preference.

There's a lot of work and effort that goes into each tournament. Personally, I am
a fan of well run tournaments, well-maintained courses, and good payouts/player's
packs. One other thing I like is PDGA events, especially 2 day events where players
get to play 3-4 rounds (preferably 4), which allow player's to come back and make
up for a bad round.

That's just my opinion though. Go out and see what you like. There's plenty of
leagues/tournaments that happen weekly, it's just a matter of finding what you
like.
2014 STLDGCTag #55
KyleBreuer
Bogey Poster

Postby bean928 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:55 pm

What do you experience from other golf that you dont get in stl?
Whats the best tourney you have played in?
Whats the cost you feel is fair for just payouts only? What if there is a players pack?
RCF #17
bean928
Birdie Poster

Postby dandruff1138 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 pm

So what tournament/event would be good here in the coming weeks for a couple of guys who have only played 4-5 times?
dandruff1138
Par Poster

???? (how do you decide what tourneys to play)

Postby emptv on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Disc up,
Sometime events just scream at you to go, TA TA's, 3 man throwdown, Ice bowl, ect. or they are special to you (Outlaw Championship). Whatever the reason when you go, have fun! :mrgreen:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $199/$112
Sweeps= $5/$16
Fun= $378
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Puck'n'Disc5 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:07 am

The St. Charles County DG Club is holding their club championships at Quail Ridge in less than 2 weeks. I would suggest playing in that. Also, the St. Louis Club Championship is right around the corner. That is a must play event regardless of skill level. And for the first round, I think you can request to play with atleast 1 friend.

I would also suggest playing Save the Ta Ta's, the Turkey Toss, Holly Daze, and of course, the Headache Bowl on January 1st at Woodland Park.

If your just starting, I would suggest to play in a lot of tournaments. It is important to see what other players are capabale of doing and it gives you a chance to ask some questions to more experienced players. You should notice a rise in your skill level after a few tournaments. Don't get frustrated out there either. The more fun you have, the more you will learn about not only the sport, but also yourself! 8-)

JL
Puck'n'Disc5
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to General DG Talk