Internet police????

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Internet police????

Postby Richard~Cheese on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Who b the one the took down the passive aggressive post of "be responsible". Internet police patrol??? There is no way that ******** earased all the post. Is this a BS government controlled not free speech forum. :x :evil:
Hell Ron R maybe have been rite this hole time. Lets hope not now??????? If so I'm am so logging off never to return. :roll:
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Re: Internet police????

Postby discdoh on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Not it...

I do not censor.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I know it was not u Doh for sure. Free speech my skinny lil white no sun seeing ass. I do know who it b. But No pacification from the ITPOLICE tho. :(I'm outta...herreree unless original post is reset. No one person should have the right to controll what the pubic hears,sees or believes, (ITPolice aren't "Jesus or Mohamad" themselves after all, if the enet is what can make us all individuals & speak their mind without persecution then let em. Well who does that make you then?? What is this N Korea, China, or Obama making all acquire health insurance by next tax season. If u don't like the channel watch/read/something else or move on. I suppose this has political implications now and should be handled accordingly to the ITPOLICE once again. Or be punished. :(to quote bodycount FU again ITPOLICE)
Attachments
image.jpg
Thanks Miz 4 the beard punch pic
image.jpg (64.09 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:32 am

So what's the story there mr.Popo,Jesus,Alhambra,Judas????now that it has had religious implications also.. What to do you do now mr puppet got yourself backed into a corner inside a circle now don't ya..check mate my friend %} (unless u delete this also hummmm??)
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 am

I'm not in a corner or feeling any sense of shame. It's simple our forum rules do not allow for bashing of other members or shaming of others by name (forum or real life). The other party involved has actually expressed understanding of the need to keep this a civil place and that they know they shouldn't have used the method or language used.

Richard, Your comments were indeed read by that individual and understood. Who else do you really feel benefits from reading it?

Personal messages that are directed at another forum member should be sent as a personal message. These forums represent the club publicly and that leaves us with an obligation to keep them respectable. We have forum visitors who are children, we have forum visitors who are public officials, etc. It doesn't mean folks cannot debate, cannot argue and they are certainly welcome to express disagreement with mine or any other board members decisions... but it must be done with civility and respect. Nobody is preventing anyone from speaking their mind. If someone came walking into a club meeting or walking into a tournament... or walking into my home, it would not be acceptable for them to curse and name call and pick fights with others. That same courtesy applies here.

Like I said, it was not personal and you are encouraged to send a private message to any persons you are angry with over the previously removed topic or me for doing it. I'm sorry you don't agree and I understand your frustration.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Nothing against the club trying to get new courses established. Butt like the big old butt in the 3rd row of the church choir up high on the hog & It's rite in your face freaking & tweaking. Ok then big brohiem(stub-puppet)guess the city and county(edited for violation of posted forum policies)don't know that you & or others are censoring this site. Just to appease them. ??who r u to check my or anyone else's tone via webernet, who r u alone to judge anyone. Let the 1st without sin cast the first disc.. Guess nobody goes first then huh. everyone watching everyone else;().dont forget that buddy :twisted:
"Viva revolution"...."Mr" Big edited for violation of forum policies Cheese" :o
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Mr. Cheese,
I don't know you, and you don't know me, but as a former site moderator I'd like to help explain the position of the board a little better.

I am not familiar with the thread that was deleted, but I can tell you that certain topics (while ok to discuss in person between holes) may not a good idea to put in print, even online. So, anything related to drug use, personal attacks, extreme trash talk, or even negative remarks about the current/past board are really not appropriate topics for this forum. And, as long as we're talking about it, conflict with the rules of the message board.

You are more than entitled to your opinion and I encourage you to discuss that with people who are like minded, but, in my opinion, this website is probably not the best place to have these discussions. I do not consider this an infringement on our freedom of speech, but rather an attempt to put the club's best foot forward. This site is widely publicized by the club, so there are more than just members checking it out. There may be delegates of the StL Co Parks, potential sponsors, or parents that are considering picking up the sport with their kids. Generally speaking, this is supposed to be a family friendly organization/website. So, it is wise to keep all discussions at a PG rating (regardless of your own personal beliefs). The reason for this is because anything on this website represents the club as a whole. And I (personally) did not elect you to speak for me. If you would like to have conversations that are not appropriate for this website, I suggest you take to facebook or any number of other social media sites where you are representing yourself (the individual) rather than the club as a whole.

I realize (and agree) it is silly to dull down "who we really are" for people that we don't know and probably won't ever meet, but (again) it is more about branding ourselves as something other than the common general stereotype. A lot of people view DGers as stupid pot heads, slackers or alcoholics. Which, in some cases is true, but cannot be said about all DGers. That said, we'll never be able to shed that negative stereotype if we don't conduct ourselves in a civilized manner. By making posts/accusations/attacks as you have done, you're acting as part of the problem rather than the solution.
Anyway, I hope this helps. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but help explain why things are the way they are (at least on this website)
Take care
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Well said, Jeff. Thank you.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby oldmandowntheroad on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm with Jeff. Because this site represents the club, I really hope that when people read it they see us as a class act.
oldmandowntheroad
Bogey Poster

Return to General DG Talk