Driving help...

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Driving help...

Postby MedicineMan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

I can lay a solid line on a Sidewinder, but lately I've been trying to achieve more than 300'-350' on my drive. In doing this, I figured I need a high speed disc, so I picked up a few Bosses(2 star and 1 blizzard) to throw around and try to get used to. Since I've been throwing them, they've always hyzered on me, and cannot get them to fly straight. If I try to S-Curve them, I'm twisting my body more than feels comfortable, yet still getting the same "D" as my Sidewinder.

In summary, I think I need to work on the hip/shoulder rotation to add that "snap" at release. I have been working on that, but seem like I'm failing. Any tips and pointers would be much appreciated.

Note: I know "pure D" is different than "golf D". I'm trying to incorporate both.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You!
MedicineMan
Bogey Poster

Re: Driving help...

Postby dudiablo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

If a sidewinder is your best distance disc now, try a katana. Its faster, and has more low speed fade, but it is much easier to throw for big distance than a boss. (As far as arm speed) If you can get your form down to where you are throwing a sidewinder 350' try using the same finnese type throw that a sidewinder requires with that katana. I have a max weight star Katana that will fly longer than anything in my bag with a slight tail wind, but I wouldnt dare bring it out in a head wind.
dudiablo
Bogey Poster

Return to General DG Talk