Who did the artwork on the Discraft stuff at club champs?

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Who did the artwork on the Discraft stuff at club champs?

Postby Lazerface on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I ask cause it's bad ass.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Re: Who did the artwork on the Discraft stuff at club champs

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:03 pm

I haven't seen the actual discs yet, but if it's the design with the ring of chains circling a winged art-deco trophy holding a disc... that's me. I also did the new bag tags and a 2012 Members Disc that didn't get pressed in time for the Championships.

I was out of town for a wedding all weekend, so I'm excited to see how it turned out.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:56 pm

That's the one. Great job man! I look forward to seeing your artwork on future plastic. I enjoy artistic stamps that have good symmetry. They make me throw better shots. It's a psychological thing. :lol:
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Well thanks man. I'm glad you like it. I look forward to doing more of them in the future, if I'm asked.

EDIT: I've seen them now and bought a couple. Also got my shiny new red tag.

I'm overall pretty pleased with the work and am pleased folks like the design. The disappointing part is that Discraft has decided to shrink what was supposed to be a 5 1/2" stamp down to 4 1/4" to make sure that there was room for there own logos and crap to take precedence. They didn't say anything about doing that on their guidlines for artwork and they haven't done it in the past that I've seen, so I didn't expect it. As a result, some of the details on the image got lost and some of the lines got a little smudged together because I followed the rules on how small a detail could be and they decided to change the rules. :evil: Oh well.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to General DG Talk