Remember when several bags were hijacked from JB

a forum for talking about Disc Golf in St. Louis and Beyond

Remember when several bags were hijacked from JB

Postby rondisc on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Yesterday I got told by whom I do not remember yesterday, but a while maybe a yr or so back several bags we stolen right off the course and out of the back of P/U trucks and were taken to play it again sports. This guy apparently had info that only he knew. Whether he knew who did it or not, I do not know. The question to me is why did he pick me out just to let me know what was going on. Sometimes I am not sure why these things happen to me but I am ok with it.

Interesting Huh,

Peace
Last edited by rondisc on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Re: Remember when bag were hijacked from STL

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:37 pm

I really don't know exactly what you're talking about, but I have complained multiple times about PIA Sports on Manchester and how they refuse to follow the legal requirements of buying "used" merchandise.

In St. Louis City and in St. Louis County, there is a regulation that states that any vendor who buys "used" merchandise with the intention of reselling it must follow the exact same guidelines as a pawn shop. They are required to see your I.D., take a thumb-print and make you sign a form that say that you agree that the merchandise you are selling to them is, to your knowledge, not stolen and is being sold by the actual owner. They follow that policy at the store in Chesterfield, but the PIA Sports on Manchester never even asks one question. Heck in the city of STL, they even require a photo.

I think someone needs to get in touch with the local authorities and see what can be done to enforce that policy. It won't stop all the people from selling them, but it will stop others who realize that $4 for a trade in is not worth going to jail over.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to General DG Talk