R-Pro Boss

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

R-Pro Boss

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Um..... has anyone else tried this disc?? Actually, I know of a couple of people who have. I just got one, & I am QUITE impressed with this thing! This is a disc that so far they are only making in lighter weights, from 135g to 164g, I believe. And I've never had much luck with say, 150g class discs before. But this disc is a different story. Mine is a 157g, & it was not nearly as flippy as I was afraid it might be. It flies pretty straight, is NOWHERE near as overstable as a Champ Boss, & it just shoots out of your hand! It is FAST, & it easily is going farther than my pro Wraiths, which have been my main distance disc. 15 to 40ft farther, I would say! I've heard that these won't be very durable, that remains to be seen. Innnova really has a good one here! 8-)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: R-Pro Boss

Postby tyler23 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Yea, I have one in 162g its crazy good unless there is wind. I have champ, star and R-Pro Boss and im really enjoying mine but it needs alot of romm to fly good and it doesnt hold up to damage very well.
Tag #2
tyler23
Par Poster

Postby discdork on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm

has any one tried throwin it with a tail wind?
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, when I placed the last order, I noticed they only had these in the 160g range. I thought they were just out of the heavier weights until I asked our rep about them. He said they are only available up to 165g because they R-Pro plastic does not work as well in the Boss mold at the heavier weights, it looses its "whip." He did say that they were designed to fly farther. Unfortunately, it sounds like they sacrificed a little durability. Sounds like it should be a quality long driver
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby tyler23 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm

O yea this disc is perfect for courses like creve couer and open courses especially when you get tired from a long day the light weight makes it easier to throw. And with a tail wind it really bombs. Also makes a pretty dang good roller disc.
Tag #2
tyler23
Par Poster

Postby discdork on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:26 pm

sounds pretty good minus the durabilty issues ill have to get one for sure and try it out :D
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat