Birdie Poster

Re: worse discs known to man

Postby Strange on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 am

Worst disc ever? The Blurr
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby Laugher on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 am

I have a Gateway speed demon that is truly terrible as a backhand disc. No distance
That being said the plastic it is made of is indestructible. It can take quite a beating. Very different from the innova discs I usually throw, very floppy.I have been using it as thumber disc for shots in the woods and it works pretty well for that, Its quite a good roller actually
Not recommended as anything other than a specialty disc
Laugher
Bogey Poster

Postby f-b-i- on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm

the blurr as wellas the speed demon you need to be a strong thrower. little arms wont get the full potential .
you guys are not throwing with any arm speed and very little power if any at all. ive handreally good speed demons. doug has thrown blurr really far and has speed demons in his bag that he crushes no problem.
f-b-i-
Bogey Poster

Postby eupher61 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:44 pm

The original Quarter K. New, they slow and extremely erratic, depending on wind could go either way equally possibly. One hit on a tree and they were so understable they won't even roll.

That said, I tried 3 of them, bought one and two gifts. All brand new. All junk after 1 tree hit.

I'll add the Arobie Sharpshooter family. The driver is unusable, the midrange has the same characteristics in flight as the Speed Demon, and the putter, which looks like Jabba the Hutt's barge or something, works from about 4 feet.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

WORST discs known to man

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:44 pm

I don't know about others, but I absolutely hated the Innova Stingray... at least the one I had. It was so damn stiff, the rim felt awkward to hold and I must have been doing something wrong with it, because every time I threw it, it seemed to do the polar opposite of what I wanted. It also seemed to fall flat, right out of the air when it was done (as opposed to fading off like all other discs do). I also just don't get how, unlike other large diameter discs like a Buzz, this thing just felt HUGE in my had.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:00 am

I have to change my tune a little bit...I've started using the Aerobie putter a lot in the last year. It's not nearly as bad as I thought.

Daniel, sometimes a disc dropping straight down, esp. a fairway driver, is a good thing.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

worse discs known to man

Postby emptv on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 am

Disc up,
The worst disc known to man?
A tie between one that you have lost or one that broke. :lol:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $0/$0
Sweeps= $0/$0
Fun= $0
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:41 pm

eupher61 wrote:Daniel, sometimes a disc dropping straight down, esp. a fairway driver, is a good thing.

Too true, too true. This Stingray just seemed to do it too soon. I also point out that it was the most unfortunate dark maroon color and couldn't be found without looking really hard.

I remember that it was stamped as a "Distance Driver" on the disc... even thought it obviously isn't. It was probably a really old one that had been around a while.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat