Disc Review

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Disc Review

Postby irwinje on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Anyone that wants to review a disc, here is the place to do it. Let other readers know what the disc is good for, is it good for beginners, and would you recommend it. Please include the weight, stability and flight characteristics of each disc you review. Does it remind you of another disc, how good/bad it is in headwind, and anything else you want to include.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Re: Disc Review

Postby JBaird on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 pm

The new Voodoos are one of a kind. It reminds me of an Aviar. Flight pattern is close to the old Chief. This disc definitely fills a gap in my bag. You can throw it with anheizer, and it will stay on that line, with just enough comeback at the end.
JBaird
Bogey Poster

Postby RookieFlyer01 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Innova Viking? I was thinking of getting one...
Tag No. 144...
RookieFlyer01
Bogey Poster

Postby dehaas on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 am

I've had 2 vikings (just got my third for christmas). The first one I had was perfect (till I lost it). Basically I'd describe it as a slightly more stable valkyrie. For a while I loved throwing valkyries but as I got playing more and built some arm strength and snap they were a touch too undertable in the high speed flight and wouldn't come out of the turn anymore. So I went to a viking and it held a nice tight "s" line, and unfortuntately lost it. I bought another one, and it seemed a bit more stable than the first (same weight) and lost that one as well. I didn't have it long enough to really break it in and get the same flight I had on my old one. So far I've liked the one I got a few weeks ago. I've thrown it for 2 rounds, and thought about trying one again for more of a fairway driver. I use discs a bit more stable for max d, but it seems to work well for something you need to go dead straight. But obviously it's all relative to what you normally throw. What are you throwing now?
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby Dthunderchicken on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:31 am

RookieFlyer01 wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on the Innova Viking? I was thinking of getting one...

The Viking is the first driver that I could control fairly well. I've thrown it in the DX and champ plastics and I like the DX much better. (The DX glides more and handles easier.) Considering my experience with I think that you are making a good choice.
My Best:

Dave
Dthunderchicken
Bogey Poster

Postby DISC N JEFF on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Does anyone have any kind of opinion on the DGA ROGUE. I threw it once and it seemed to fly very stable and long before it turned over.
DISC N JEFF
Bogey Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat