Innova RW (rubber wood) plastic

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Innova RW (rubber wood) plastic

Postby dehaas on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:34 pm

I had read on the pdga message boards about a tweak with the r pro plastic...apparently they've added wood composite, which is supposed to add grip to the disc, similar to the old school special edition rhinos. They have an rw pro aviar, rancho roc, and ontario roc on preorder at www.discgolfvalues.com and won't ship until this upcoming monday, the 27th. They're supposed to have a woodlike color to them, and smell like wood also. I went ahead and ordered one...should arrive a few days before the Open if I'm lucky. I finally handled one of the r pro aviars the other day, and if the rw pro is similar in flexibility but with more grip, it's gonna be a sweet putter.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Re: Innova RW (rubber wood) plastic

Postby discdork on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:12 am

so is it like sawdust mixed into the polymer when its hot? cedar smelling discs would be pretty cool
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:58 am

i'm not really sure...it looks like mine is gonna ship today, and anything i've ordered in the past from them takes about 3 days to get here. several years ago when i first started playing i had an old special edition rhyno and absolutley loved it. it felt like the jk aviar plastic, but had a slight little bit of texture to it. the newer pro rhynos have the soft but smoother plastic like the jk aviars, and i was hoping that these will have a slight texture to them also. the picture from the site looks interesting. i dunno what to think about them having a smell...if that's gonna be the new next big thing than we need putters that smell like fresh cut grass or gasoline.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby listen4chains on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:05 pm

It would be nice if they smelled like Teen Spirit, you could call them Nirvanas :mrgreen:
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby discdork on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 am

my organic wizards kinda smelled funny when they were new not that i normally go around smellin discs but they didn't smell like plastic
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby dehaas on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

I played a round with this putter this morning and loved it. The disc is firmer than expected...I'd say somewhere between the firmness of the jk and kc aviars. It had a really good grip, and it was pretty wet this morning. The other thing that suprised me was that the disc was smooth...you could see the bits of composite in the disc, but none of it made it to the surface. I think this is definitely the putter of choice now.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby discdork on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 am

does it smell like wood?
discdork
Birdie Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat