Pro Plastic and "beating discs in"

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Pro Plastic and "beating discs in"

Postby DGPete on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:59 am

Does anyone know off hand if the composition of Pro Plastic has ever changed through the years? I've purchased used Pro discs before and they have a sheen and smoother feel than new Pro discs. Is that a result of aging and wear? Specifically, I bough a used Pro Starfire that had become a beautiful and dependable understable machine. I lost it to the lake at Old Settlers in Austin, TX. Now, new Pro Starfires seem considerably more grippy and obviously more stable. This brings me to my next question. Does anyone have any successful suggestions about pushing discs to become understable faster than normal wear and tear does? In accordance with PDGA, is such artificial "beating in" of discs considered at all unethical?

Thanks,

Pete
DGPete
Bogey Poster

Re: Pro Plastic and "beating discs in"

Postby HITMAN on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

I like to use new discs for thumbers. 4 me its the fastest way to "break in" a disc.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Re: Pro Plastic and "beating discs in"

Postby discdork on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 am

couple nice bounces on concrete + some nice hard drives into tree = properly broken in disc i like to beat up new discs before using them especially dx and pro plastic i dont see this as a wrong thing to do by no means would i consider it cheating you wouldn't want to play baseball with a brand new glove you got to oil it first or it wont catch right and its to stiff gotta be broken in
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat