Are you a rebel?

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Are you a rebel?

Postby BubbaKick on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 pm

A miscreant? A law breaker? You may be...if you used a Gateway Voodoo in this weekends PDGA C tiers. Despite being on the market for the last six months, the Voodoo is still not PDGA approved. :o

The Warrior is in the gray area. The rule is that you can change a mold and not re-submit the disc for approval. Since Gateway already had a disc approved under that name, they might not have to submit the new one. Fun stuff, hun?
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Re: Are you a rebel?

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:22 pm

I knew there was a reason I went back to my warlocks!!! :P Not approved yet?? I would think there should be no trouble getting the Voodoo approved.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 pm

It will be approved...IF it ever gets submitted.

It's not really unprecedented. The Blowfly II was on the market for a decade before DGA noticed they never had it approved. Whoops!
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am

So... I can disqualify anyone that beat me and also uses a VooDoo? Interesting...
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:30 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:I knew there was a reason I went back to my warlocks!!! :P Not approved yet?? I would think there should be no trouble getting the Voodoo approved.
Well Jeff, since the scores are up from this weekend I think you should call the PDGA and tell them you threw a Voodoo in round one at Sioux Passage. Maybe they will throw that round out! :P

Nice shooting at JB. One bad round out of four ain't bad. Besides, if you would have had four good rounds somebody might think you were baggin. ;)
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:50 am

irwinje wrote:So... I can disqualify anyone that beat me and also uses a VooDoo? Interesting...

The PDGA has posted about this topic as well for a reminder to those who are still using them in sanctioned events.

http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards-alert
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat