Innova is phasing out their Pro plastic!?!

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Innova is phasing out their Pro plastic!?!

Postby STARFIRE on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:19 pm

Just received an e-mail from the people over at http://www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com...this is what they had to say,

"$9.99 Sale on Innova Pro Discs at www.DiscGolfFlyMart.com

Hey Discers,

Innova is phasing out their Pro plastic so stock up NOW!

BUY Pro Plastic Wraiths, Beasts, and Destroyers for $9.99.

Pick your weight and color.

>>>Limited Availability<<<"

Does this mean they are no longer manufacturing the Pro line plastic? Also, isn't there a few discs that are only made in Pro plastic?
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Re: Innova is phasing out their Pro plastic!?!

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, I got the very same e-mail. I wonder why would Innova do that?? That would suck, because the Pro Destroyer is a favorite of mine! And so has the Pro Wraith been in the past, although it's currently been replaced by 1st & 2nd run Inferno's. I think if there is any plastic that they should phase out, it ought to be the DX stuff!!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 am

^^^
Disc snob.

jeffthrow6892 wrote:it's currently been replaced by 1st & 2nd run Inferno's.
Throws rare, hard to find boutique discs. Disc snob disc selection.

jeffthrow6892 wrote:I think if there is any plastic that they should phase out, it ought to be the DX stuff!!
Is too good for DX plastic. Disc snob plastic preference.

Jeff Wulf...you are a disc snob!

BTW, did you find that 1st run glow Comet? I need that thing, man! :P
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Uh, disc snob?? :roll: Yeah, Bubba, whatever! At least I'M not the one jonesin' for some old first run Glow Comet, now am I??? Gee, I thought since you USUALLY seem to be on top of things like this I thought maybe you'd have some usefull info on the topic at hand, whether Innova is really getting rid of the pro plastic line! :idea: :idea:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:07 pm

I just wanted to be more like you, Jeff...so I decided to be as helpful as you were on the full-color Roc thread. :P

According to Dave Dunipace on the PDGA site, as of yesterday Innova was NOT phasing out Pro plastic.

The rumor keeps popping back up because two years ago they WERE phasing out Pro due to losing their supplier of raw materials for Pro. They then found another supplier and announced Pro would continue, but the rumor that Pro is discontinued pops up every six months. You can set your calendar on it.

Why Disc Golf Fly Mart started the rumor this time, I have no idea. I'm still open to the possibility that they know something I don't.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Thank you BubbaKick for that info. And hey, I never intended for the KC full color Roc thread to end up with two pages of midrange disc discussion, it just sort of happened, you know what I mean?? :)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 am

:lol: Usually you will see somebody start a thread that asks for mid-range advice that clearly says "I don't like Rocs" and you will get 10 pages of guys telling him he should throw Rocs. It was kinda funny to start a thread about Rocs and have NO ONE post anything that remotely had anything to do with Rocs. :P

But, back on topic...I only throw one Pro plastic disc. It's the Pro Starfire, and it's in and out of my bag. Really, if it went OOP I could replace it with a number of discs and not lose a lot of sleep. Even with that being the case, I'm kinda hoarding them. Innova keeps saying that Pro plastic is not going away, but If you really have a strong attachment to a Pro disc I'd recommend you stock up just to be on the safe side.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat