New discs from Latitude 64

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

New discs from Latitude 64

Postby BubbaKick on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Another stolen post about new discs. This is about the new drivers from Latitude 64. It looks like they are all control drivers:

09-02-20 - Latitude have started to ship their new driver trio Striker, Trident and XXX to the shops.

Striker, 21.4 cm, is a new fairway driver, very easy to control with great glide and moderate fade, the stability rating is set to +0.5, it behaves similar to an Innova TL in the air. The rim is 1.9 cm wide and the configuration is 29.00 mm. Striker is already released in a limited edition (100 discs); all signed by new team member Jesper Lundmark. It is available in weights between 168 and 176 grams.

Trident, 21.4 cm, is a blunt over stable driver which is similar in flight to an Millennium EXP1 (1.7). The rating is set to +2.4, the rim is 1.9 cm wide and the configuration is 36.75 mm. The Trident is available in weights between 173 and 177 grams.

XXX, 21.5 cm and a really over stable slab, comparable to an Xtreme (!), rating is close to +3.0. Rim width about 2.0 cm wide and the configuration is 32.50 mm. Available in weights between 168 and 175 grams.

All discs are molded in the Opto plastic.

The Trident looks interesting to me. I'm a Banshee thrower, it's been my "get out of trouble" disc for about 10 years. IMO, the best Banshees ever were the 1.7 EXP1's. The Champ Banshee is too much of a pig for me, but the 1.7 EXP1's (which essentially is a Banshee L) were made from the CE plastic and were a sweet, sweet bit of sunshine on a cloudy day. A bit more stable than a DX Banshee and super durable. It's probably all hype, as the Trident has a bigger diameter and a wider rim than the EXP1. I might have to give them a try, though. The Opto plastic feels sweet, although I'm not sure how durable it is.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Re: New discs from Latitude 64

Postby Working Stiff on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:52 am

Just an update:

The Striker is getting good reviews, good enough that I'm going to have to get one. I think the people going to BG should come back with some info on it since it is supposed to be in the players pack.

The XXX is turning out to be a bit less stable than advertised, and the Trident didn't mold up like they wanted. Since the two molds are turning out to be fairly close and the Trident has such a high % of X-outs, they are dropping the Trident.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:46 pm

I imagine you could work up some interesting hot stamps for a triple X - rated, I mean named disc!! :P
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 pm

So I picked up a couple of Strikers at B.G. last weekend, & I must say, this is a rather impressive disc! After testing them in the practice field, they are pushing hard to try & find a spot in my bag. I liked how stable they are into a headwind, & was impressed with the speed,glide & distance that this disc could achieve! The plastic reminds me more of Innova's champion plastic more than anything, it remains to be seen if it will be as durable. I'm curious to see what others think of this interesting new driver!!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Working Stiff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 pm

The disc I hear the Striker compared to most often is the TeeBird. Is that your take as well or does it remind you of another disc?

I've heard good and bad things about the durability of the Opto plastic, so there really does not seem to be a consensus on that.
Working Stiff
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Working Stiff wrote:The disc I hear the Striker compared to most often is the TeeBird. Is that your take as well or does it remind you of another disc?

I've heard good and bad things about the durability of the Opto plastic, so there really does not seem to be a consensus on that.

Yeah, the TeeBird is a good comparison, but I think the Striker delivers better distance than a TeeBird does. I guess I would compare it with the Orc as well.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Calvin on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:40 am

I've thrown Orcs as my primary drivers since they came out in 2004(?) and never liked the Teebird, and the Striker is different than both. It flies forever and stays straight until the very end. Virgin flight was on hole 14 at Endi and the drive landed just outside the putting ring. Threw it as far as a Boss and straight as an arrow. Good disc.
Everybody just cool out.

Tag #45
Calvin
Bogey Poster

Postby forehand on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Calvin wrote:I've thrown Orcs as my primary drivers since they came out in 2004(?) and never liked the Teebird, and the Striker is different than both. It flies forever and stays straight until the very end. Virgin flight was on hole 14 at Endi and the drive landed just outside the putting ring. Threw it as far as a Boss and straight as an arrow. Good disc.

Im not liking em but have two that id be willing to let go
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat