Gateway Discs

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Gateway Discs

Postby DiscGolfFreak on Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 pm

if you had to only use 3 gateway discs(1 driver, 1 mid-range, and 1 putter) what would they be and why?
PDGA #59749
DiscGolfFreak
Bogey Poster

Re: Gateway Discs

Postby Genn on Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

Barring windy conditions, I'd go with:

Sabre
Element
Wizard

The Sabre and Element are fairly neutral in stability and would probably give me the best chance to shape the shots I'd need. The Wizard because it's the Wizard. ;)
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Very close to the same as my list, but I went with:

Apache: straight, easy to control, driver that works well at any speed. I like that it has a large inner core to give it more glide.

Element: because it's your standard, flat-top, wide diameter midrange. It flies like a Buzzz for the most part and I dig the curved grip under the rim.

Wizard: because it is THE putter.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jbodet765 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 am

Stubborn Puppet wrote:Very close to the same as my list, but I went with:

Apache: straight, easy to control, driver that works well at any speed. I like that it has a large inner core to give it more glide.

Element: because it's your standard, flat-top, wide diameter midrange. It flies like a Buzzz for the most part and I dig the curved grip under the rim.

Wizard: because it is THE putter.

I throw all of these regularly and they are amazing!
In the bag: Champion Beast, Champion Aviar (RiP), Champion Valkyrie, Champion Sidewinder, Champion Panther, Evolution Element, Evolution Apache, Evolution Samurai, Evolution Wizard, SSS Wizard, SSS Voodoo (RiP)
jbodet765
Bogey Poster

Postby Geo on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Driver: Diablo DT, low and flat off my forehand, and very predictable off my backhand. Always seems to skip nicely.

Midrange: Element in S plastic. Floats like a dream, straight or hyzer/any.

Putter: Voodoo, I usually put with a floppy old wizard, but I have recently discover a love for the voodoo as an approach disc.
Geo
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun May 25, 2014 2:32 pm

I've been throwing the new Gateway "Chief" a bit and I think I'm in love - especially for forehand flick putts. The low profile makes it easy to flick and the stability makes it very forgiving. This disc is a big score for Gateway and for me.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat