Disc condition

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Disc condition

Postby Andyli 78 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm getting ready to play in my 1st tournament and i was just wondering do the disc have to be in any certain condition. I have a few knicks in my disc but nothing major.
Andyli 78
Bogey Poster

Re: Disc condition

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 am

For the most part the answer is no, you can use a disc in just about any condition if you wish. Technically, if the disc has a crack in it though, then it would be illegal for use in a PDGA event, unless that rule changed, which it might have.......I'm not sure on that.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Mike_R on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:54 am

You cannot have any foreign sustance on the disc, like blinker lights or weighted tape.

sharpie or magic marker is ok, because you need to have your name on your discs.

In tournements, you should have a mini disc for marking your throw. In casual play, sometimes people will flip their disc over on the ground, but you can't do this in tournement play. If you don't have a mini, you can probably get one when you sign in, or just ask someone if you can borrow one. People generally have extra minis they can loan you.

And one last thing. Bring an extra pair of socks, and shoes if you have them. No one seems to mention this, but I find it really helps to put on dry socks between rounds. Playing all day in sweaty wet shoes is a real drag.
Mike_R
Par Poster

Postby Andyli 78 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the advice
Andyli 78
Bogey Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat