used disc?

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

used disc?

Postby jason h on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:45 pm

I was going to trade a disc in yesterday at play it again. They offered my 3 bucks I would rather keep it in my bag and give it a way. Any one on here trade disc in? Are most of the discs at used sporting goods stores. Traded in by non players?
Jason Hill
JCS #91
jason h
Bogey Poster

Re: used disc?

Postby dehaas on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Places like Play it Again Sports are in business to make money off of the stuff you don't want. There are a few websites online where people buy/sell/trade plastic. If you're looking to get rid of some stuff you don't throw and want to try out some new stuff I'd suggest checking out discaroo.com. Just be careful and make sure you look at the feedback of the people you're dealing with. Unfortunately some people think it's cool to scam people out of used discs.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Re: used disc?

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:50 pm

That's good advice. PIA Sports and I are through, at least the one on Manchester. They know for a fact that, most of the time, they are buying stolen discs and they refuse to go through the appropriate legal procedures for buying used goods. I've confronted them, told them that they are required by law to get an I.D., copy the license info, get a thumb-print and make the person sign a form that says that the items are NOT stolen and so on.

I have also had many very good trades and purchases in the marketplace at www.dgcoursereview.com. In fact, that is a great site. Check out their courses section - it has great reviews, maps and even some very cool features to let you track your scores and your own discs and so on.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat