New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Re: New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Postby toledodg1 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:54 pm

my opinion is im an am 3 im going to pass on the groove.

the same hype is being spread just like the boss had.

and i couldnt throw that.

i do better with what i know.

until i turn pro which prob wont happen i'll stick with what i got

i have a disc that goes straight one that goes left and one that goes right

and some i can throw thumber style.

it's all advertising how many of you can really throw 500???
toledodg1
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:01 am

toledodg1 wrote:my opinion is im an am 3 im going to pass on the groove.

the same hype is being spread just like the boss had.

and i couldnt throw that.

i do better with what i know.

until i turn pro which prob wont happen i'll stick with what i got

i have a disc that goes straight one that goes left and one that goes right

and some i can throw thumber style.

it's all advertising how many of you can really throw 500???

ditto.

until my form improves, this disc means jack.

jeff,francis, matt, and the crushinator might have have different results, but the (speed 11) Beast i have is too much disc for me, so the groove is pffbbthphpt.

/blah :(
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby ScottJB on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 pm

I bought a first run Groove at the Hazlewood ice Bowl, and I love it. I dont have a cannon for an arm, and much like the first time I ever threw a destroyer, I noticed immediate distance improvement. It is just as fast as a Boss, but when I get a solid snap on it, its flight arc is very similar to a Star Valkyrie, lighter snap resulting in a Boss/Destroyer fade at the end. I throw forehand, and as an example, hole 14 at Endicott usually finds me about 3/4 of the way to the road on the drive, and with the Groove I'm landing on the road. I have a 173g, but would be interested to see if the lighter versions would allow for even further throws, but Im not sure, Ive never liked light discs...I recommend this disc to all Intermediate players, as I feel the learning curve is quite short to get this dialed in.
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:29 pm

ScottJB wrote:I bought a first run Groove at the Hazlewood ice Bowl, and I love it. I dont have a cannon for an arm, and much like the first time I ever threw a destroyer, I noticed immediate distance improvement. It is just as fast as a Boss, but when I get a solid snap on it, its flight arc is very similar to a Star Valkyrie, lighter snap resulting in a Boss/Destroyer fade at the end. I throw forehand, and as an example, hole 14 at Endicott usually finds me about 3/4 of the way to the road on the drive, and with the Groove I'm landing on the road. I have a 173g, but would be interested to see if the lighter versions would allow for even further throws, but Im not sure, Ive never liked light discs...I recommend this disc to all Intermediate players, as I feel the learning curve is quite short to get this dialed in.

landing on the road is OB! :shock: :shock:

:D
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Landing on the road is not OB
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 am

forehand wrote:Landing on the road is not OB

...on hole 14 at Endicott that is
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby dehaas on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:24 am

I picked one of these up at Johnny Mac's yesterday. It's lighter than what I normally throw (166) but so far it seems nice. It was pretty windy at Collinsville yesterday, so it was hard to get an accurate opinion, but I think I'll like it. Seems to fly pretty effortlessly. Like with any of the widerim discs though, if you want it to go anywhere youve gotta put a good snap on it. I dunno about the stores across the river, but the biggest reason I bought one was because the grooves they had all had the big Innova star stamp on them...thought it was weird that Johnny Macs was getting first runs from Innova.
dehaas
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

irwinje wrote:
forehand wrote:Landing on the road is not OB

...on hole 14 at Endicott that is

That is where he said he was at...Endicott
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby forehand on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Im liking the groove,Im only throwin it backhand but its doin the job. If i throw it forehand i tend to snap it over into the ground...
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Okay, I recently picked up one of these Groove discs. While I had thought about trying a lighter one, I figured I'd start with one around the usual driver weight I throw, so I got a 172g. And, bottom line, I'm pretty disappointed with it. I would definitely fit into that "a driver for the rest of us" category that Innova is touting this disc as being perfect for, meaning, yes, I don't have the big arm by ANY means. I find that Innova's ratings for this disc just didn't seem accurate at all. First off, it didn't appear to be any faster than a destroyer, for example. Nor did it seem to have more glide. The turn doesn't seem to be a -2, & the fade at the end of the flightwas more than 2, it appeared to have as much fade as a destroyer or X-Caliber!! So, anyway, I guess distance is most important, right? Well, my wraiths & destroyers were consistently going farther, usually at least 10 to 15 feet, sometimes more. And hell, my old inferno's easily beat the groove by at least 25 feet every time! So... I guess I have a bright green Groove for sale or trade if anyone's interested!! :mrgreen:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat