New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Re: New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Postby listen4chains on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:41 am

How do you know they have ice discs? I never see them anywhere for sale. Did you get them on Ebay, and when do you play in St. Louis next? I'd like to check them out if that is cool with you? Give me a call if you want to at 314 302 1949 next time you come to town. You still live out in the sticks, right?
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 pm

I threw a Riot and a Core while I was in Chicago for Thanksgiving...almost had a trade for the Core but the guy wanted my 9X KC Aviar. :shock: I'm not to hip on trading a 9X anything for a disc I can go online and buy. Anyway, the Riot was really fast and really long. It has a weird tilted inside rim, which took some getting used to, but it was like a Wraith with less fade. It also didn't seem as touchy on the nose angle as a Wraith. I get some pretty nice D out of a couple of pretty crappy nose-up tugs.

The Core was a really solid dead stable Mid. It reminded me a lot of the CE QMS's, maybe a tad more fade since it's been awhile since I threw a QMS. The plastic was sweet. Kinda like a grippier Z.

In the end, probably neither disc would change my life (or my game) all that much, so I passed on the trade for the Core. I also really have been trying to strip down my game and work on my form with putters and mids this winter, so I haven't really thought much about the Riot. Once I start looking at drivers again I'd consider putting some in my bag.

I don't think Latitude 64 is going to make much of a run at the U.S. market, but they have had to up their game to compete with the Euro-branded Innova discs (Discmania) in the European market. If you are a total disc whore, they have some good discs and you can get them from the usual online sources. But for Club purposes I doubt there is enough interest to really stock them. Some people might like the Riot, but I'm willing to bet most would rather just have a Wraith.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:28 am

jeffthrow6892 wrote:I went to Innova's web site earlier today & didn't see ANY mention of the Groove whatsoever!! So, first I'm wondering where you got the picture of the disc from, & then I'm wondering when exactly are they releasing this disc. It also appears that some of it's rating numbers have changed, such as the glide rating- first mentioned as a " 5 ", & now on that picture it looks like it says a " 6".

That newsletter that bubbakick mentioned can be found here:

http://dealer.innovadiscs.com

It is usually updated around the first week of every month.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Ooohhh...custom stamped KC Rocs. I had not heard about that. Mmmm...
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby kaht on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 am

<disclaimer>This is another zonedriven commercial</disclaimer>

These are now for sale at zonedriven.com. They had the first run star stamped ones for sale at the beginning of the week, but they've changed the picture over to the regular champ stamp (with new flight box thingy).

http://www.zonedriven.com/proshop/index ... 1&parent=0

I see that "clear yellow" and "clear red" are still options in the color dropdowns. When I ordered a first-run star stamp groove on tuesday, all the color choices were clear-xxx. So, maybe that means they still have a few star-stamped ones left if you don't mind yellow or red.
kaht
Par Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 pm

BubbaKick wrote:...the Groove is a speed 13 slightly turning power driver. It is aimed at less powerful throwers as a complement to the Boss with a straighter flight and in lower weight, it goes down to 164 grams in Champion material.

irwinje wrote:Are people interested in trying these out. We'll be placing an order at the end of Jan next year. I can order a handful of these if people are interested.

I'll buy two of 'em. 166-169 grams, bright pink, orange or blue.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby BubbaKick on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Paraphrasing Robert Browning:

The trouble that most of us find with the modern high speed golf discs is that they don't really seem to know any more about the game than the old ones did.

No Groove for me.
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:08 pm

IF this disc is as advertised, it SHOULD be an awesome driver, maybe the best ever! BUT, that's if it really flies like Innova says it will- Fast, Long, & straight! We shall see. I'm definitely looking forward to trying this one!! :D
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Jeff go to pdga under discussion about equipment. Lots of good reading.

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:31 pm

rondisc wrote:Jeff go to pdga under discussion about equipment. Lots of good reading.

Peace

Thanks Ron, I'll check it out.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat